UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

So anonymous mentioned utcomp. Should we run this? Seems interesting.

Main difference imo is client side hit detection. I'm not sure how that would work for vehicles so I'm guessing this is just changes to regular weapons.
pooty

Re: UTComp

Post by pooty »

Well, I've tried hit sounds, its great right up until you get in a levi, bio, and especially fire tank..then it screeches in your ear constantly. Its pretty annoying with vehicles. If there'd be a way to configure it then it would work.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

You can disable bright skins and hit sounds, and I believe hit sound volume can be adjusted by players themselves. Only thing I'm not sure of is how the enhanced netcode will interact with vehicles. This is a screenshot from 1.7a which is the final official version, but the UTComp versions running on today's freon/TAM servers have been modified/updated.

pooty

Post by pooty »

Might be worth trying out, just have to test it and see if it conflicts with the other mods/mutators we have. It looks like it does some stuff with voting, which might be affected by random map.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Add this please 🙏
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I'm going against the grain and voting against the hitsounds. They're fine and I get why people like them but everyone buckle up and get ready to be plunked to death by minigun spammers (with excellent accuracy too).

If I'm the only one who feels this way then sure, go ahead. I'll benefit from them too but I think this'll change our gameplay a bit.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I don't want the hit sounds myself, just the other stuff.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:14 pm I don't want the hit sounds myself, just the other stuff.
Doesn't UTcomp allow each player choose whether they want hit sounds ot not?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

They usually do but I should clarify: I don't want hitsounds for anyone.

But again, if I'm in the minority I'll roll with it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 pm They usually do but I should clarify: I don't want hitsounds for anyone.

But again, if I'm in the minority I'll roll with it.
Why do you care if other players have hit sounds on?

Oh, I see... you think other players will start relying more on miniguns and other spray and pray weapons because of the hit sounds allowing them to know better when actually hitting an enemy.

I can say that has not happened on other servers with hit sounds, I certainly don't change how I play with them on. And there's already a lot of players that rely on the minigun because their aim sucks. And hit sounds do not improve your aim, people with bad aim on CEONSS still have bad aim with hit sounds, won't be any different here.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain