UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Anonymous.

Re: UTComp

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:09 pmNew version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.10.zip
Looking forward to seeing it on the server soon.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:33 pm if we change the node points to 10, then you get 1 pt for every 10% of health the node has, since 1 is 10% of 10.
I don't think we want to change the total point value for destroying nodes, just building them. Since building is much harder, should be worth more, like 8 pts. Keep destroying them at 5 pts.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:09 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:33 pm if we change the node points to 10, then you get 1 pt for every 10% of health the node has, since 1 is 10% of 10.
I don't think we want to change the total point value for destroying nodes, just building them. Since building is much harder, should be worth more, like 8 pts. Keep destroying them at 5 pts.
They aren't separate values. score is score.

I could probably do something with the modified linkgun to give more points for linking nodes but not sure if it will work.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think what Snarf is saying is there's "node points" its either 5, 10 or whatever we set it.
Say its set to 10.

Its going to be 10 pts for fully building it, and 10 pts for destroying a full built on, and partials are based on percentages, is that correct?

Anyway here's what I propose for our values:
NodeIsolateBonusPct=25
VehicleHealScore=250
PowerCoreScore=10
PowerNodeScore=8

A bit more on isolating, this rewards "smart" play.
250 health linked for 1pt... I think 500 is too high, you get no points for linking a Raptor, Manta etc, then only big tanks. And even at 250 if you fully linked a near dead mino it'd be 8 pts. I suppose you could rack up points linking Levis/MAS and big tanks though. Does this bonus apply to unlimited linkers like link tanks, link badges, chupa etc?

All files are loaded on server. Just need to stop the server, upload the new UT2004.ini file and go.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:37 pm

I could probably do something with the modified linkgun to give more points for linking nodes but not sure if it will work.
Ok, I tried. I want my two hours back :x :lol:
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:37 pm

Ok, I tried. I want my two hours back :x :lol:
After a few more hours, I got something working. It's not quite ready yet but I have it so that linking will give extra points. The needed changes do make me question some of the other feature implementations though.

Code: Select all

- shared link bonus so multiple linkers get points
- vehicle healing bonus, heal vehicle health and receive points (default is 1 point for 500 health)
These two features are *not* tested. Bots are not cooperative. I copied the relevant code from ONSPlus link gun into UTComp's link guns (there are three UTComp link guns).

The shared link bonus code is pretty simple and am mostly sure it works, but you never know without testing.

The vehicle heal bonus was in ONSPlus, hard coded to 1 pt for 1000 health healed. I'm not sure it works at all, but I copied it over and made it use the config value instead of 1000. After getting the heal bonus for healing nodes working last night, I question if the vehicle heal actually works.
Does this bonus apply to unlimited linkers like link tanks, link badges, chupa etc?
Not sure, I need to check the code again, but I think it would only apply to the linkgun. It depends where that code is, and I forgot already lol. I'll check again when I get home from work. If the vehicle heal bonus code is in the linkgun, then it only works with the linkgun. If it's in the 'NetDamage' function, then it might work for anything healing a vehicle.

Points for nodes seems to have a bug. This is not my bug and happens in base ONS with no mutators turned on.

Nodes are worth 5 points. Touching a node and healing it all the way sometimes gives 5 points, sometimes gives 4 points. I think it's a rounding error when adding up the total heal damage applied. When I changed the config value for PowerNodeScore to 100 for testing, I'd get 97 or 98 points for healing a node, so it does seem like a rounding error somewhere.

I will have a new version ready soon that has a feature for extra points for linking nodes. Also I wanted to make the mini map radar colors darker by default and also configurable by the players. The purple color is hard to see on the red team.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I question if the vehicle heal actually works.
I know it works now with LinkGun and Goliath via ONSPlus, I've watched my score linking the tank on MB. It doesn't work except for stock vehicles.

Should I put the existing version on or wait for the newer one? I'll check later this afternoon/early evening. It'd be good to get some real world testing either way
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:33 am
I question if the vehicle heal actually works.
I know it works now with LinkGun and Goliath via ONSPlus, I've watched my score linking the tank on MB. It doesn't work except for stock vehicles.

Should I put the existing version on or wait for the newer one? I'll check later this afternoon/early evening. It'd be good to get some real world testing either way
You can put the new one on. The future changes should be minor.

I would leave the PowerNodeScore at the default 5 for now, since maybe we only want extra points for linking?

I did a quick look at the original ONSPlus source. Yes, vehicle healing points will only work for the stock vehicles. I'm pretty sure the code I added to UTCompOmni for vehicle healing isn't working. I can try modifying the 'NetDamage' method to see if that will work. If so, it should work for all the vehicles.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll at 1.10 later today, unless McLovin whores up the server too early with MinusBadgerme up.

I think lets try it at 8pts and take a look at the scores.. 5 is what it is now. I'll try to test it out and see what that looks like.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:28 pm I'll at 1.10 later today, unless McLovin whores up the server too early with MinusBadgerme up.
It's 1800 MDT when I whore up the server with MinusBadgerMeUp. I used to start up the server at 1630, but our numbers have dropped with summer.

But if you need to do maintenance on the server, say something and I'll bail.