UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

I think I found the source of the higher CPU load when using UTComp.

The collision copy is only created with newnet=true in the server. I'm hoping I can optimize it and fix that issue.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok, I'll turn off newnet in UTComp.
Makes sense to use that as the basis instead of ONSPlus and we can add what we want.
WRT to custom vehicle scoring (shield damage absorbtion), same with linking points we can just do that in the vehicles themselves.. I think linking points for link badger, etc. linking occupied vehicles for points we can do that in the vehicles too. Maybe we can reference the values in the UTCompOmni, something like in a vehicle so it doesn't break if its missing.

If UTCompOmni.bDamagePoints != None { Do damage points}

I don't think we have any gaps in functionality.
pooty

Post by pooty »

bEnableEnhancedNetCode=False set on the server.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:23 am ...
The CEONSS admins have very graciously given us access to a new dedicated server that we can test on.
Is the dedicated server in Europe?
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

McLovin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:09 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:23 am ...
The CEONSS admins have very graciously given us access to a new dedicated server that we can test on.
Is the dedicated server in Europe?
Yes, it is located near DE-CIX in Frankfurt. Ideally we get both European and American players to test it, to get a better impression of how it performs for people near and far from the server. This can also function as a general test of how straining UTComp will be on a decent CPU running on a dedicated server.

I'm having some problems getting UTComp to stick around as a mutator after a map change, but I've sent some login details for the webadmin panel to Pooty and Snarfy to share with the OMNI admins. I've also posted similar login credentials in the CEONSS admin section.

To anyone who'd like to test it, please grab an admin from either server, so that they can manually enable it in the mutator panel in the webadmin and then restart the map (to enable UTComp if it isn't running). Pooty and Snarfy can modify the .inis, so you can test a bunch of settings without interrupting your regular server. They can also check the CPU load. The dedicated server is running on an Intel i7 6700k.

Sorry that this isn't working perfectly, but I'm off on vacation in a couple of hours (just after sleep), so just no more time to figure this out.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thank you sooo much for letting us play with your new server :) We'll try and get it working while you are out.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Saw this issue last night. Floating avril launchers. It's pretty easy to repro - kill yourself holding an avril.

It happens when newnet=false.

Enyo was complaining there was still lag, but I have pretty high confidence if there was it's not because of UTComp. With newnet=false on the server, that mutator barely does anything. It does custom scoring, hit sounds and bright skins but that's about it. I double checked after the match and none of the expensive server actors are created at all when newnet=false. Max CPU usage last night was about 30%. The previous night when newnet was turned on was over 40% with a 55% spike.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.23.zip

- Fix bug where AVRiL launchers were littering the map when player died holding the avril
- Fix performance issue (2ms) with projectiles when newnet=true on the server
pooty

Post by pooty »

With newnet=false on the server, that mutator barely does anything.
So why would it leave avrils all over the map? There's something there doing that (fixed now), but perhaps that's part of what might be showing some performance issues. We still saw yesterday on VolcanoHigh the ghost players as well, although I don't know how to repo those.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

EmanReleipS wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:27 pm ...
I've sent some login details for the webadmin panel to Pooty and Snarfy to share with the OMNI admins.
That's awesome Ema. Thank you for sharing.

Pooty and Snarf are probably the only ones from our side that would need access.