UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

I've made some progress merging the features of ONSPlus into UTComp.

I have the vehicles drawing on the minimap now.

After merging some ONSPlus features, I've recreated the bug where you can't teleport to the correct node. I know where the problem is and should be able to fix it with some work.

Once that's done I'll move on to the other ONSPlus features that are related to the modified link gun. After that I will be working on the customized onslaught code (node isolate bonus, etc).
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:21 pm I have the vehicles drawing on the minimap now.
What does this mean? Like a team radar?

It'd be awesome to be able to see your teammates' location on the mini map. It'd also be a good visualization for how slow vehicles move and can save frustration over response times.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:26 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:21 pm I have the vehicles drawing on the minimap now.
What does this mean? Like a team radar?

It'd be awesome to be able to see your teammates' location on the mini map. It'd also be a good visualization for how slow vehicles move and can save frustration over response times.
I have it where it shows the vehicle spawns on the minimap as little dots (same as ONSPlus mutator).

Showing your teammates can be done, and there is even debug code in the engine that does this. It's very slow though and might lag the game. The engine comments have all caps //VERY SLOW DEBUG CODE HERE ... I could add something like that as a feature. Let me get it working first though, heh.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

Thanks for getting your hands dirty in the code snarf. You're a pal.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I fixed the issue where you can't teleport. Also got the node isolation bonus working. 1 extra point (20% of 5) for each node isolated when you destroy a node that is linked.

I think the vehicle healing bonus is also working but I haven't tested it. Bots aren't very cooperative. :roll: It should be 1 point for 100 health healed. It's hard coded but I can make it a config value. Once that's tested I'll get on to modifying the utcomp link gun to give link bonus to the linkers like onsplus does.

Increasing the score points for a node should be pretty simple, just haven't gotten there yet. ONSPlus code is a pretty big hack to try and get working.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Awesome, let me know if you need another set of eyes.

And we should try to make points configurable via .ini file for
- Node Scoring (Value for starting node that completes (currently 2 pts in game); Value for linking (currently 3 pts, split via linkers)
- Points of health linked for 1 pt
- Isolation Bonus (either hard coded points or %)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.10.zip

Changes in 1.10

- Merge all features we want from ONSPlusOmni into UTCompOmni
- ONSPlus features include
- Node isolation bonus for severing nodes (default is 20% of node points)
- Draw vehicles on radar map
- shared link bonus so multiple linkers get points
- vehicle healing bonus, heal vehicle health and receive points (default is 1 point for 500 health)
- Draw different vehicles in different colors on the minimap, use smaller icon for manta and scoprion types
- Add config option for changing PowerNode and PowerCore points (defaults are 5 for node and 10 for core (ONS defaults))
- Included UT2004.ini file updated with new values
- fix issue where teleport was not working
- fix issue where dodge was not working
- remove TeamColorSkins feature (does nothing if you click it) to fix issue where skin colors were wrong

vehicle colors
flyers are yellowish
benders are cyan
tanks are violet
mantas and scorpions have slightly smaller icon
you guys will figure it out :)

This mutator is *NOT* compatible with ONSPlusOmni. ONSPlusOmni should be removed if using this mutator.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Awesome work thanks.

I'll get it on the server when I get a chance, and will likely want to test it out a bit as well.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 am Increasing the score points for a node should be pretty simple, just haven't gotten there yet. ONSPlus code is a pretty big hack to try and get working.
Whenever you get to this, please also check that players are getting points for destroying constructing nodes. Sometimes it seems you do, other times you don't. Not sure if there's a threshold a node has to be over before you get points, but makes sense to me that destroying a constructing node should reward 1 pt for every 20% it's charged since you get 5 pts for killing a fully charged node. Destroying partially charged nodes is incredibly helpful and should be rewarded. It'll only help the balancer.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:02 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 am Increasing the score points for a node should be pretty simple, just haven't gotten there yet. ONSPlus code is a pretty big hack to try and get working.
Whenever you get to this, please also check that players are getting points for destroying constructing nodes. Sometimes it seems you do, other times you don't. Not sure if there's a threshold a node has to be over before you get points, but makes sense to me that destroying a constructing node should reward 1 pt for every 20% it's charged since you get 5 pts for killing a fully charged node. Destroying partially charged nodes is incredibly helpful and should be rewarded. It'll only help the balancer.
That already happens with the game. You get 1 pt for every 20% of health the node has when you destroy a constructing node. If it has less than 20% of health then you don't get anything as the game doesn't award fractional points.

It's not actually 20% though. The node has 5 score points. It takes at least 20% to get 1 point when the score is 5.

if we change the node points to 10, then you get 1 pt for every 10% of health the node has, since 1 is 10% of 10.