UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

Ah, thanks for the info! I looked up 3SPN and yes that's where freon stuff comes from (and a bunch of other stuff).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I'm definitely in favor of bright skins. Hit sounds might be ok, but I believe you can turn them off if you find them annoying.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
4Doors

Post by 4Doors »

I just wanna make my username red, white and blue
Bruh im just tryna be famous
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If we ever do add the Zound mutator, I recorded some good ones last night

"suck my balls pooty" :lol:

"nobody ever cheats on this server" :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Enyo wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:53 pm I'm definitely in favor of bright skins. Hit sounds might be ok, but I believe you can turn them off if you find them annoying.
Yeah, I believe hitsounds can be turned off by why would you? They provide such great benefit to the player. Yeah, maybe it gets annoying if you're in a badger and firing mini bullets.

Bright skins are a must.

Also, can quad jump start being placed on maps. It's not on Miami Batch.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hit sounds are really bad on Bio/Fire Tank they last a long time...

Most I think want bright skins.

I place quad jump on maps where appropriate, usually maps that are more DM style than tank maps, or maps that have areas that can be reached by quad jumping. For example, not sure quad jump adds much to say AJY, but we've added it to things like Ganga's Room and such.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If we want to we can add hit sounds to some vehicles. I added some for guppy bomber's primary fire a while back. It's a feature though and they can't be turned off like utcomp hit sounds.

I'm still busy with the mechs. Netcode can be a confusing bitch. I added dodge jump. It works on the server ok but on the client it just keeps dodging when you change direction. Not sure why yet. Making changes and testing sucks because it takes a few minutes with each test (have to rebuild, run game, run on client, check logs, etc) so it goes slowly.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think UTCompOmni is ready!

Download here UTCompOmni_1.8.zip

I only made one minor change to get it to build, otherwise this is stock UTComp 1.8c with some )o(mni branding. My recommended server settings are included. This should work OK with ONSPlusOmni. ONSPlusOmni should be loaded first before UTComp to make sure the correct link gun is used. I'm not sure how that's loaded on the dedicated server but in the local server offline ONSPlus always is first due to alphabetical order.

Players can hit F5 during gameplay to customize their own settings (turn off hit sounds, brightskins, etc).

I did not make any changes for hit sounds on vehicles as I kind of like them, but each player can turn them off if they don't like them. I tried biotank and firetank and it wasn't *that* annoying :roll: :lol: :D I can see how firetank could be a bit much though, but most vehicles seemed ok.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:10 pm I did not make any changes for hit sounds on vehicles as I kind of like them, but each player can turn them off if they don't like them. I tried biotank and firetank and it wasn't *that* annoying :roll: :lol: :D I can see how firetank could be a bit much though, but most vehicles seemed ok.
How difficult do you think it would be to make hit sounds happen only with initial hits and not at all for continual damage things like fire and goo?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain