UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:32 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:10 pm I did not make any changes for hit sounds on vehicles as I kind of like them, but each player can turn them off if they don't like them. I tried biotank and firetank and it wasn't *that* annoying :roll: :lol: :D I can see how firetank could be a bit much though, but most vehicles seemed ok.
How difficult do you think it would be to make hit sounds happen only with initial hits and not at all for continual damage things like fire and goo?
Not sure! There is a feature already there for grouping sounds together so that many quick hits act as one sound, e.g. flak primary does this. If you get multiple hits, instead of a bunch of high pitch sounds you get one lower pitch sound. I could try adding other weapon types to this grouping feature like the fire tanks fire weapon and others. It's based on timing though and not sure how well it would work. I'll see what I can do.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, new version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.8c.zip (I deleted the old one)

I added a configuration to the UTCompOmni section in the UT2004.ini file - 'IgnoredHitSounds'. We can list out each damage type that we don't want any hit sounds for.

Currently there is only one line for 'FireKill', the damage type of the burning from the fire tank.

Code: Select all

IgnoredHitSounds=FireKill
To ignore more sounds, add more lines, e.g

Code: Select all

IgnoredHitSounds=FireKill
IgnoredHitSounds=DamTypeChargingBeam    
This would ignore hit sounds for the fire tank burning and also the bender's rear gun.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

The next evolution of Omni! Thanks snarf!
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Sweet! Pooty, can we get this on the server to try it out soon??? Also, should probably go ahead and add the continual goo damage to the ignored sounds list.

Snarf, I was wondering what happens with hit sounds for things like the Falcon alt fire... will it make the hit sound for each and every one of the plasma shots that makes contact? I.e., will you hear a scattershot of hit sounds that matches the plasma rounds that hit? Maybe we'll just have to try it to see!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I tested and there is no 'continual' goo damage as far as I can tell. BioTank shoots 4 small globs for primary and one big glob for secondary, and that's what you hear. Sometimes the goo sticks before it pops but you only hear the pops. I'm not sure about falcon. You probably hear every shot that hits.

*edit* I tested falcon and it just makes one small sound, regardless of how many shots hit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sweet! Pooty, can we get this on the server to try it out soon??? Also, should probably go ahead and add the continual goo damage to the ignored sounds list.
I'll put it on the server likely on Saturday. I am slammed at work tomorrow and Friday, and I want to test it out a bit.

I'll add the recommended ignores. I think the fire vehicles are the biggest pains since they set things on fire for longer term damage...but I think when I moved them to the FireVehiclesV2Omni I standardized them all (Fire/Flame Tank, Ifrit, Cherufe, Draco).

I think the goo does 1 shot instant damage..when it "pops" it just delays the damage...unlike the fire that does x dmg every second...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its on the server and working. Actually had 3 players on this morning. I used your UT2004.ini settings Snarf, so if there's something we need to change let me know.

Only glitch I see is when you hit F1 for the enhanced Scoreboard, you get a double image of map name and time remaining.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay a few glitches:
Its disabled for now.

Biggest issue: Don't reliably spawn at the selected node.
Interferes with ONSPlus vehicle details on the map
Scoreboard only goes 8v8
Skins are mess, some players aren't right team color
Also noticed it sets everyone's netspeed to 15000 -- this might lag the server.
Hitsounds were inconsistent I rarely had them while I was in Vehicle
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:24 pm Okay a few glitches:
Its disabled for now.

Biggest issue: Don't reliably spawn at the selected node.
Interferes with ONSPlus vehicle details on the map
Scoreboard only goes 8v8
Skins are mess, some players aren't right team color
Also noticed it sets everyone's netspeed to 15000 -- this might lag the server.
Hitsounds were inconsistent I rarely had them while I was in Vehicle
I think the skins issue might be a conflict with EvenMatchOmni. If you get switched you'll have the wrong color.
UTComp Scoreboard should be turned off. There is a flag bEnableScoreboard that is set to true in my example config.
Sometimes I could see the vehicle dots on the minimap, other times they were not there.
There is a MinNetSpeed and MaxNetSpeed config. The defaults were 15000 and 25000 which I left in the example config. You can change them if you think they are too high.
HitSounds depend on the damage type. If it's delayed damage it might not trigger until later. I always had hit sounds myself.

The mutators run in the order they are loaded, so whatever the command line is will affect how they might interfere with each other. I believe ONSPlus should be before UTComp and EvenMatch should be after UTComp for everything to work correctly.

Spawning at nodes issue will need a fix in the utcomp mutator. The easiest way is to remove UTComp's custom ONS hud. That will make the utcomp custom crosshair config have no affect. I'll try fixing it tomorrow, and try to figure out the skins issue also.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here UTCompOmni_1.9.zip

Changes
- Fix conflict with ONSPlus mini map showing where vehicles spawn
- Remove custom scoreboard and stats
- Fix issue where team change caused wrong skin color
- Change default to use bright skins. This can be changed by players in the F5 menu
- hard code 'bEnemyBasedSkins' and 'bEnemyBasedModels'. They are still in the F5 menu but changing them has no effect.

The example config has been updated. It still has MinNetSpeed=15000 and MaxNetSpeed=25000. If this lags the server, please lower them, but if not please keep them :)

Client settings have been moved from UTComp.ini to UTCompOmni.ini. If you made changes yesterday they will be reset.

I could not reproduce the bug where players could not select the node to spawn at. I'm hoping the removal of the UTComp HUD fixes the issue.
I could not reproduce any issue with hit sounds from vehicles. They all worked for me.

This version now depends on ONSPlusOmni and will not load without it. ONSPlusOmni should be loaded before UTCompOmni when specifying which mutators to load.