UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by pooty »

It seems that every time I enter the game fresh, the UTComp scoreboard is running.
Same here, but after match starts and I play it seems to fix itself.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, I'll try to repro it and see if I can fix it.

I found the issue with the timer counting upwards in overtime and have a fix for that also.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

It doesn't happen unless there are other players on the server. With only bots it works like I had hoped it would.

It's the F1 scoreboard, ie, not the ESC scoreboard.

Oh wait, I exited and re-entered the game as a spectator. Now it's doing it again. I also added 16 bots. FFS, MikeFiend joined as a player, forget all that I just said, LOL I think there needs to be at least 1 other live player, like I originally said.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I found the issue with the timer counting upwards in overtime and have a fix for that also.
What's wrong with that? There's really no time limit, as the core drain is variable (based on nodes held). Nice to have the timer just working (either way) so you know when things are going to respawn like mino/nuke tank etc.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:23 pm
What's wrong with that? There's really no time limit, as the core drain is variable (based on nodes held). Nice to have the timer just working (either way) so you know when things are going to respawn like mino/nuke tank etc.
Oh, I thought it was a bug, not feature :D It happens because I copied over the HUD code from ONSPlus. Apparently ONSPlus does that also. I'll make it a config option then. I think ceonss doesn't want it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Once the regulation timer goes to zero, it would be most helpful if the OT clock reset to reflect the actual amount of time left based on the core drain. Not sure if that's possible, or worth the effort, just saying it could be nice. ;)
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:47 pm
Once the regulation timer goes to zero, it would be most helpful if the OT clock reset to reflect the actual amount of time left based on the core drain. Not sure if that's possible, or worth the effort, just saying it could be nice. ;)
"as the core drain is variable (based on nodes held)"

I'm not sure there is a set amount of time left.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

McLovin wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:45 am ...
It's the F1 scoreboard, ie, not the ESC scoreboard.
I checked again, same results.

1. It only happens when other "LIVE" players are on the server. Bots-only, doesn't happen.

UTComp scoreboard over-rides normal "default, F1" scoreboard until you do an F5 UTComp menu. After, it goes back to the normal "default" scoreboard and stays that way until the next round is loaded.

Is anyone else seeing this?

pooty

Post by pooty »

an F5 UTComp menu.
Mine resets after the round starts without having to go through F5 enable/disable thing.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I spectated a match that was in progress. I hit F1 and saw the normal scoreboard. I disconnected, spectated again, hit F1 and saw the UTComp scoreboard. I hit F5 and checked if it was turned on and it was not. Then hit F1 again and it was the normal scoreboard.

Disconnected/reconnected again, hit F1 and it was now the normal scoreboard. Something weird is going on :lol: I'll see if I can repro it at home also and try to fix it.