UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by pooty »

If we are just looking for hit sounds, there's standalone mutators for that....
Do we want the other UTComp goodies?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I want UTComp for two things:

- improved net code
- hit sounds

the other stuff I don't care too much. I mostly just want to aim better on the omni server :D

I checked the HoC server listing in UT2004 server browser and they are *not* running UTComp. I guess my better aim there is due to their high tick rate. My ping is almost the same on both servers so that's not it.

I was hoping utcomp netcode changes would negate issues with a lower tick rate. Install the mutator and see if worked seemed like an easy win, but not so easy with ONSPlus in the mix.

I'm still thinking about getting a dedicated server, but this summer has been brutally hectic for me to deal with something like that.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:17 pm I checked the HoC server listing in UT2004 server browser and they are *not* running UTComp. I guess my better aim there is due to their high tick rate. My ping is almost the same on both servers so that's not it.
They are running something else though that allows for some customizations, like colored letters in your name. They also have some kind of funny soundbites thing installed where if anyone types a known soundbite phrase preceded by a dash, i.e. type "-Roger" and you hear, "Roger Roger, what's your vector Victor?" from Airplane, or a funny song, i.e. type "-cunt" and you hear a chorus of people singing, "Youuu'rrrrre aaaaa cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt." Don't know what it's called, but it's pretty fun.

Better aim there is probably due to it being DM only with no vehicles, heavy mods, giant maps or other resource intensive things that can cause the game to lag. I feel like my aim is a little better at HoC too. Except, everyone there is so good at DM, I still feel like a noob after years of playing there.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Bring back the Baby-Boom zound, LOL
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

the funny sounds are from the 'Zound' mutator
the colored names, icons and stuff are from Vendetta mutator

I use the -isuck zound frequently :lol:
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Man, I still want to do a zound package of GTKY sayings. LOL Shit stains, do the minimum, etc.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Is bright skins part of utcomp? I just want that
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yes it has bright skins.

They have bright skins on the HoC server but they don't run UTComp so I'm guessing it's another mutator that also does bright skins. They are running like 7-8 mutators. I didn't look them all up. I know one of them advertises its version as 'HoC' so it must be customized.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

As far as I know there hasn't been an ONS server with bright skins, colored names and hit sounds right? At least in the past year. That would make Omni even more unique combined with our custom vehicles. Customization is something everyone likes!
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:17 pm I checked the HoC server listing in UT2004 server browser and they are *not* running UTComp. I guess my better aim there is due to their high tick rate. My ping is almost the same on both servers so that's not it.
Most of the freon/TAM servers have UTComp functions built into 3SPN which is how they get hit sounds, bright skins, enhanced netcode, etc.