statsdb on the fritz again

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: statsdb on the fritz again

Post by captainsnarf »

leon wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm Yesterday my last map was TWMashroomforest and it’s fritz. After that two maps I didn’t played and the stats is OK. Today I joined to Slated world than Nevermore YEAH… - both map the stats is fritz. Now they playing MEGA I don’t. I’m sure the stats will be OK. (just checked MEGA - - OK, then I joined to Volcano and then Mass Distraction - - both are fritz and no scores, time etc)

It started may 18. I played ONS-Scorched-Gz-V1 and the stats was OK. After that all maps stats where I played was fritz and all maps stats where I didn’t play was OK. I checked all maps from may 18 and made screenshots.

Maybe I’m wrong but I think somebody doing this deliberately. No stats no scores. I checked it today. It’s not only about me. People who played when I played didn’t get the scores too and it was a lot of matches.

(sorry for my English)
@leon as a test, can you please play one match where you only score 1 point? If it records correctly then it might be the overflow issue I suspect.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Leon's kills are stuck at 65512
https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/pla ... ?player=59

And his player stats render correctly which leads me to think there's an overflow somewhere in the Php code, not the database... Maybe its the kills, frags or maybe another player stat?
leon

Post by leon »

20-40 minutes - 1 point? Sorry Snarf, I'm not gonna do this test playing with people. They are not going to be happy. I can do it in the morning but then you play alone this match does not go to the DB. I can wait. Generally I don't care about my score (but I'd like to know who is who and I check some things especially chats because it's hard to read for me during the game). I hope when Pooty have time he will find out what's going on.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I put a fix in. There was a supporting table that had kills as Unsigned small int (max value 65535) which I think prevented leon from getting any more kills over 65512; I guess if he had match with 5 kills it would work.

We can see if it works today. Unfortunately, it means the match recording during the bug has some bad data in the Database, but it would be a bunch of work (if even possible) to recover those matches....

Lets see if it is fixed going forward.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

It is possible to edit the data base in order to add kills as a test?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Sadly, it looks like the fix did not work
pooty

Post by pooty »

Nope, I think it made it worse.

Yes I can edit the database via MySQL Workbench, but its has a convuluted data model and well as everything has number codes so its not easy to work with.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Made some additional changes to try to fix it.

Tried to clean up the past data, but that's a no-go, as it would take way too much time.

And they guy that developed this needs to be fired....he wrapped all the database calls and so it buries any errors (they don't end up in the logs either), so I'd have to rewrite a bunch of stuff to get the actual database errors... ugh.

But I think it should start working now, although when trying to reload the past logs it still chokes on leon, but don't know why. I can update his kills past 65535 in the database, but the parsing might have some other issues/key conflicts in the database.

Lets see how it runs tonight
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

A game between Cisco de Silva and [RMD]runner just finished and the stats appear normal.

Hopefully you got the fix right and the whole db won't have to be nuked from space someday.
leon

Post by leon »

Just played Kingdom - - fritz again.