HellBenders and their ilk..

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Terminator
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: HellBenders and their ilk..

Post by Terminator »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:50 pm I actually prefer W/S zoom and am a little sad we standardized on alt-fire zoom. Once I got used to it, W/S zoom is more effective for me. I can zoom out without having to reset the zoom.
Yeah, I prefer the W/S zoom.

Also, the Cerberus is the best version of the Hellbender.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I like alt zoom personally and I've warmed up to the Cerberus. What are the most powerful twinbeams btw? The sniperbeam on the ballista feels really powerful fully charged.
captainsnarf
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

Ballista does 300 for players, 450 vs vehicles. Not sure about Cerberus but Hellhound does 300 damage. Regular Hellbender does 200 damage.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Cerberus does 300, not sure on the alt-fire plasma, but seems to fairly powerful too against slower/stationary targets (nodes/vehicles)
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:38 pm Ballista does 300 for players, 450 vs vehicles. Not sure about Cerberus but Hellhound does 300 damage. Regular Hellbender does 200 damage.
two versions of the Hellhound, 600 HP and a 700 HP. One does 250 dmg twin beam and the other is a 300 dmg twin beam.

Cerberus does 300 twin beam. Also, the driver has a minigun that is really powerful, stronger than a badger.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

There is a mutator that runs on the server 'SnarfVehiclePack' which replaces a lot of the vehicles. The Hellhound on the omni server should always have the twin beams with 300 damage.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Just one HellHound (CSHellHound.u) there is the King HellHound which is a bit of a different beast (700hp, more powerful skymine combo, lasers vs twin beams). There might be the odd variant on the older maps if the names were changed otherwise the SVP mutator replaces them and makes them standard -- except for the Randomizers but all those have been updated to use the standard ones by me.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Thanks for the updates on benders pooty! I tried to make them work but I just don't see them being great even on artic. Maybe someone better can make the sniping work but it feels like better vehicles are still available and do thier job more efficiently. Especially if there's an Arbiter, Rail or lasers available. They are only good if those aren't available. What you think?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Super Sanka wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:19 pm Thanks for the updates on benders pooty! I tried to make them work but I just don't see them being great even on artic. Maybe someone better can make the sniping work but it feels like better vehicles are still available and do thier job more efficiently. Especially if there's an Arbiter, Rail or lasers available. They are only good if those aren't available. What you think?
It just depends on the map and its vehicle load out. All the 4-wheeled vehicles are generally useless on any Randomizer map. But, benders are powerful on maps like Red Planet, and the Mantis dominates flyers on Gunshop. But, they're mainly only dealing with stock vehicles on those maps. It's the downside to the escalation in power of vehicles, the classics become obsolete.

But, TBH I never really cared for any of the scorpions or benders, well before the custom vehicles came around. Always been more of a fly guy.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:38 am ... Always been more of a fly guy.