Minotaur, should it get some nerfing?

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Minotaur, should it get some nerfing?

Post by pooty »

This is going to be controversial, but should the Minotaur, aka the Omnitaur (not the Classic Mino) get some reduction on the Area of effect of the primary gun? You'd have to aim more accurately. Or alternatively make the damage weaker in the same area -- ie. direct hit is devastating 1600+, but as you get farther it weakens considerably..

I think it would cut down on the blind spamming...I also wonder if it would help with the Unreg hits?

This isn't to make it as small as the Classic Mino, but smaller than it is now to avoid the repeated mino spammers. Or perhaps, decrease the rate of fire on the main gun--make your first shot count and have it take longer to reload?
infinitecat

Re: Minotaur, should it get some nerfing?

Post by infinitecat »

Alternatively you could add mass, making it slower, thus making it more difficult to casually use.

And/or you could remove the lasers, making it harder to protect itself from air attack.

But, yeah, wayyy too large of a damage area.
4Doors

Post by 4Doors »

I agree that it does need to be scaled back a bit. It wasn't as bad before, since fewer people knew how to take full advantage of its mechanics, but now that the average skill ceiling is higher it's pushing the current Omnitaur a bit into the "busted" category.
Bruh im just tryna be famous
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

No, I'd say leave it. It's a pretty iconic vehicle to this server and we've all memorized many plays around it.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:07 pm No, I'd say leave it. It's a pretty iconic vehicle to this server and we've all memorized many plays around it.
^^^^ What YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH says.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

I also say leave it alone as well. It has a well-balanced counter attack (if a teams chooses not to ignore it), which is fun, and I can't think of any map where it unreasonably dominates.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

No need to nerf it when you have classic minotaur also. Some map edits might work out better than a vehicle edit, like how you replaced omnitaur with mobreaker on nevermore. It's supposed to be OP, like the queen in a chess game.

One thing I did think about nerfing (slightly) was the badger minigun. They should be pawns, not the rooks that they are.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 am One thing I did think about nerfing (slightly) was the badger minigun. They should be pawns, not the rooks that they are.
Please no, the badgers have been nerfed before, remember the MKII badgers? Nobody used them because they were useless. Leave the badgers alone please.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Seems like the general consensus is leave the Mino as is, anytime its too much change map/vehicle edits.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:56 am Seems like the general consensus is leave the Mino as is, anytime its too much change map/vehicle edits.
Yep, leave as is, or replace it with the classic mino if the Omnitaur is too much for a particular map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain