Randomizer candidates...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Randomizer candidates...

Post by pooty »

There is only 1 "per side" but when you lose most of the map, you end up with both.

The newer one is faster by a good bit. There's also a tank similar called the Neomakta (sp?) that uses same model/chassis, but shoots tank shells...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think we need less randomizer maps, not more. If the goal is to get people to play more maps you can increase the map rotation limit (whatever its called).

If you keep going this route, we'll just end up with a bunch of super OP vehicle maps. It's the [un]RealMassDestruction servers all over again.

It's not that we always play Minus, Dria, Junkyard. We always play Minus-Randomizer, Dria-Randomizer, Junkyard-Randomizer with a bunch of OP vehicles. I guess that's what the people want but you also see people playing more on the CEONSS server or just playing other games. That's where I'm at. It's totally understandable why Carpe left the server.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think we need less randomizer maps, not more. If the goal is to get people to play more maps you can increase the map rotation limit (whatever its called).

If you keep going this route, we'll just end up with a bunch of super OP vehicle maps. It's the [un]RealMassDestruction servers all over again.
I get that, and I agree
The specific idea for AbandonedCity was a good randomizer WITHOUT all the OP stuff.
It has no Mino, no Levis, no Mech, no Omega, no Bolt, no Guppies. You can get a Mega, Classic Mino, Mobreaker, and for flyers Aurora or Falcon. The flyers have a disadvantage of low ceiling so they can be easy pickings for tanks. So it mostly tanks with a few flyers.

I mean we can still keep the MinusKitchensink, but I agree too many OP vehicles (or maybe even one) breaks the map. And yes, Enyo they flyers are way more powerful than the Mino, not in the single shot sense, but consider an Omega flies in ION blast, retreats hides, wash rinse repeat. Mino is a slow easy target.

I do agree with increasing the map rotation. I really don't want to play MassD every night.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So we've played AbandonedCity a couple times. Some feedback...both times teams were pretty mismatched. I think the core needs a couple more vehicles to help comebacks. Perhaps a fast roller and flyer. Maybe a Rhino or King HellHound, (fast, anti-air, and can blast a node from 2nd seat), maybe the flyer can be Falcon. Maybe even add a Hurricane/HeavyTank. instead. Have to think about that.

Of course, the last time we played I watched two players WALK to primary instead of taking biobadger or firetank..wtf.. too stupid to win.

The map does take some understanding of the nodes... and needs cooperative play to watch three paths.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:08 pm So we've played AbandonedCity a couple times. Some feedback...both times teams were pretty mismatched. I think the core needs a couple more vehicles to help comebacks. Perhaps a fast roller and flyer. Maybe a Rhino or King HellHound, (fast, anti-air, and can blast a node from 2nd seat), maybe the flyer can be Falcon. Maybe even add a Hurricane/HeavyTank. instead. Have to think about that.

Of course, the last time we played I watched two players WALK to primary instead of taking biobadger or firetank..wtf.. too stupid to win.

The map does take some understanding of the nodes... and needs cooperative play to watch three paths.
Unfortunately, this map always seems to have lopsided teams, even before being randomized, mainly because most players don't know where to go. The node config is too complex and confusing for most of our server's players.

The new Rando version definitely plays better though IMO.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-AbandonedCity-Randomizer-V2 changes: Fixed Hurricane and Draco at the core in addition to the other random vehicles. This should help comebacks and give the core a little more umph. Added two hoverboards to the core. Removed DarkNepthys too spammy on this map especially on the enclosed nodes. Added QuadJump and MutWheeledVehicleStunts.
The node config is too complex and confusing for most of our server's players.
Sadly, yes there's a few other maps like that where most of the players can't seem to learn what nodes to go to. I guess that's why we play same three or four maps all the time, don't have to learn anything new.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Mentioned last night to update Grit-Nights to a Randomizer. I also want to update the current edit to use the more current version of some of the vehicles-- most are replaced Automatically (mino, badgers) but some are not (Nepthys, Firebug).

From a randomizer perspective, it'd be careful with what vehicles. Mostly Tanks (sorry enyo), as its a TMU map, flyer it has are Hammerhead, HoverBadger. Maybe add a couple of slow, weaker flyers..don't want to change the map too much.

So on the list is ZeroImpact, and Grit. I will probably work on a new randomizer modifer version that lets me specify the flying vehicles vs non flyers first though.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-ZeroImpact-Randomizer-V1 - This is updated for Randomizer. Decent vehicle mix both flyers and tanks. No mechs (sorry the moving track doesn't seem to work well with them). I left in the more powerful flyers (Omega/Ifrit/Mirage Vulture) lets see how it plays -- its more or less open so the ground vehicles/troop should be able to spot and kill them without too much trouble.

This map features the VehicleRandomizerOmni ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=336&sid=fcc58b76546 ... bc7425b0ac ).
So at Node 8 where the Levi spawns, you get a Random MAS only. (Note this is single node so your team builds this this is the only MAS on map)
Node 10 is also single node, so what ever spawns there those vehicles only for one team. So should be interesting.
At the far corner nodes 7/9, up at top vehicle you get a Random multi-seat flyer (eg. Cicada, Wraith, Dragon, Draco, Predator, Reaper) so you always get at least one flyer there.
Classic Mino always at core (rest are random).
Overall point values (vehicle strength) is pretty variable, so might get low loadout, or might get a Mega at the core (plus CMino).
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-ZeroImpact-Randomizer-V1
So we've played a few times, gets lopsided pretty fast. I think a couple of improvements:
- Add hoverboards to the core.
- Add a flyer/power flyer spawn at the core to help with comebacks.
- Tempted to add link nuke, and perhaps a regular nuke or two.

Thoughts?
pooty

Post by pooty »

So Updated ONS-ZeroImpact-Randomzier-V3
- Added 3 hover boards to core
- Added dedicated power flyer spawn at the top of the core
- Added linknuke at core, protected by sentinels.
- Reduced point values (weak vehicles) at nodes 8/10 (you still get random MAS at 8), so you shouldn't get OP vehicles there (besides the MAS)
- Replaced target painter with nuclear strike painter.

There were some questions about Wall Gates, there are switches on the top of the walls to raise/lower the gates. With boards now should be easy to get to.