Randomizer candidates...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
DrScrotey

Re: Randomizer candidates...

Post by DrScrotey »

That was quick turnaround pooty. Thanks for all the effort. Defense buff on the Draco might make it worth it.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Maybe if the Draco was faster? You gotta get in close and anyone not named joekameltoe would be able to hit and dodge the flames. Also it creates a big ass explosion so even if you eject you die heh
Yes, I think making a bit faster, and as for the explosion, make it bit more powerful so that if they kill you up close they die too or takes out the node you're attacking (kind of nova style).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 am Why all the hate on the Draco? Its not the fastest, nor has any distance, but its good on maps that don't have the OP flyers. I also think perhaps increasing the damage a bit on it -- it has to get close up, and it ought to kick ass on anything close, since its basically defenseless otherwise.
You kinda answered your own question there! "It's not the fastest nor has any distance," it has to get close up," and "it's basically defenseless." OH, and, "it's good on maps that don't have the OP flyers."

Therefore, remove it from the mix on all randomizers, which by default has lots of OP flyers, or at least on Valarna it should. Or ALL maps for all I care... for those of us that actually like flyers, Draco is one of the worst, just slightly better than the cartoon chopper.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Draco kind of only works on Nevermore. Making the gunner seat have the same fire as the Ifrit's alt fire would bring it up to par with the others, but would probably be too OP for Nevermore then. I guess it's kind of a map-specific vehicle.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Draco is one of the worst, just slightly better than the cartoon chopper.
Draco also has three seats, and no one uses the 2nd/3rd seats either.

I think there's a couple of ways to improve it. Increased speed. Increased Damage. I'd also like an Alt-fire maybe like the Ifrit's primary so has a driver distance weapon. It will not be/nor should be air-to-air capable...that's the problem IMO with Bombers...they are too good as fighters too.

I've removed the Cartoon vehicles, but I do remember Tater using the Cartoon chopper to great effect, as its hard to hit and its missles are better than a raptor's.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 am Draco also has three seats, and no one uses the 2nd/3rd seats either.
That's because the 2nd/3rd seat missile weapon isn't very good either, works ok against tanks and nodes IF both seats are used (only seen that once), but they're rather weak and the fire rate is really slow. Maybe speed that up and/or increase the missile damage?
pooty wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 am I think there's a couple of ways to improve it. Increased speed. Increased Damage. I'd also like an Alt-fire maybe like the Ifrit's primary so has a driver distance weapon. It will not be/nor should be air-to-air capable...that's the problem IMO with Bombers...they are too good as fighters too.
Maybe rather than making it faster, is there any way to extend the primary fire flame thrower? Would help with its ability to fend off other flyers and it wouldn't have to get quite so close to tanks and nodes. And I don't know what it is about the flame thrower, but it's hard to target and kill ground troops with it, you usually just end up running them over instead.

Regardless, it will still remain a least fav for most good pilots, given the choice between a flyer that can attack from a distance and the Draco.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I made some quick changes to the Draco. Weapons are unchanged, that takes a bit more coding work.

Its much faster, manueverable, so get in close and fast, might be easier as Enyo said to just smush them than fry them.
Its also tougher, higher health, and reduced damaged from hand held weapons as well as a few others.

I also made the explosion bigger and more powerful...so the idea is you're attacking tank/node and they managed to kill you, it blows up and should kill most tanks (~600 pts), so if say you get the node 2/3 down they kill you the resulting explosion should finish it. Gives it a little bit different dimension (like the Nova scorp). Lets see how it goes.

I also think the alt-fire which I think is just anti Avril chaff is useless. Would be fun to make it a firebomb.

Lets see how it plays now. If it still needs more I'd say, lengthen/strengthen the primary fire, give it a useful distance alt-fire (I like the ifrit's primary it sets stuff on fire). I don't want to turned it into a dog figher though we have enough of those.
pooty

Post by pooty »

VolcanoHigh-Randomizer-V3
Some bigger changes:
- Updated Weapon Lockers (all full)
- LinkNuke, Two boards at core.
- Updated Vehicle Mix, Added some more forced vehicles (not random), DarkLevi (Fast), Mino, Helix at core, Hospitaler at 4/5, KingHellHound at 7/11 (high primary), and Tank at 3/10.
- Restricted certain nodes to only get flyers: 7/11, 1/13 (Node on hill with the panels)

So at 7/11 you always get KHH and 3 flyer types. At 1/13, always flyers (although could be manta types).

At 3/10 you get random -- you might get a tank/truck up high, but all the grounders have good anti-air so that could be fun, and you can always drive off/down.

Should be fun!
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Sounds like all good changes to both the Draco and Volcano High.

Making the Draco faster and more maneuverable might be all it needs, especially since it does have to get in so close. I really like the idea of the bigger explosion when it dies too, sort of a kamikaze that can wipe out a constructing node and everyone charging it.
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:26 pm I really like the idea of the bigger explosion when it dies too,
Yeah that'd be cool. Not like a nuke blast but a fireball with the smoke effect.

On that note, maybe one of the gunner seats could be a gun that shoots a projectile that makes a smoke screen on impact? Kind of like the one the fire tank makes but without the actual damage. Could be fun to drop a couple in front of a mino to force them to move their position etc.