Auroras

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Auroras

Post by pooty »

So I pulled out the Aurora versions and made two seperate vehicles. (I've put the code package in our Git)

Aurora 2.0 - This is the powerful version of the Aurora. Has the original Gorz Aurora skin. The shock combo goes farther (more distance between balls,and imparts a more momentum (explosion) damage -- this was the difference)
SkyMiner 1.0 - This is the weaker version of the Aurora, Has a much lighter greenish color than the original Aurora, weaker combo.
I can't see why we would want both versions on a map, except maybe randomizers, but the color is different and vehicle name is different. On Randos, I can make the Aurora unique (max of 2 per map, 1 per team) and the SkyMiner available more than once.

Primary fire is same for both (40 pt shock rifle basically). Same health, same flight characteristics.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Auroras

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

For the powerful one do you mean the old one from MagicIsle that annihilates anything in its path? I miss that thing. It was like having a sky Mino.
Yes that's the Aurora.

SkyMiner is the weaker version now.

[Oops.. sorry edited the post instead of reply --pOOty]
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I love the sound of the sky mine explosions. It's my second favorite flyer.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I updated these a bit.

The Skyminer was still to close in power to the Aurora.
- Reduced combo damage for both, more so for Sky Miner.
- Reduced Health from 400 to 350 Aurora, 325 SkyMiner.
Before Enyo yells at me,
- Increased the alt-fire laser damage a bit
- Increased single ball combo damage against vehicles by 25% (they do more damage now only to vehicles, same as before to players (40)

The increases make it bit more useful besides the combos which got weakened.

Now still you can take out a Node in one combo with Aurora pretty easily. Skyminer, is bit more difficult but it will still take it down if you get it just right and often does 75% or more in one combo. It all depends on the spacing....

And keep in mind both are capable of 1000+ still to vehicles. the larger MAS, and maybe Mino might survive a full combo hit but still pretty much everything else is toast.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:52 pm Before Enyo yells at me,
- Increased the alt-fire laser damage a bit
- Increased single ball combo damage against vehicles by 25% (they do more damage now only to vehicles, same as before to players (40)
I agree with the change, they were a bit too strong on the multi-ball combos (although most players don’t seem to know that does huge damage).

What about single ball combo damage on nodes? That should also get a small increase, I think they were weaker than a regular shock rifle combo.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Still might be too strong on the multi-ball -- if you time / space it right Aurora can do big time damage 1000 or 2000 or more... the skyminer does much less but still with right combo can take out a node (2000) and most tanks. However, with the less health more vulnerable too.. before you could take TWO avrils and still keep coming....
What about single ball combo damage on nodes? That should also get a small increase, I think they were weaker than a regular shock rifle combo.
Yes, I'll have to check.. The VehicleDamageScaling is built in to base code just set it and go... it doesn't (I don't think) apply to nodes, except for ONSPowerNodeSpecial (some maps use this custom node) which reports True to IsAVehicle()...

I think it'd make sense to make them nearly equal to regular shock rifle combo.. edit its 150 (why less? 1. Automatic targeting of the ball -- takes more skill with SR and 2. unlimited ammo). Plus Auroras have a larger radius. (Radius for SR is 275, Aurora is 1100, Skyminer is 100 damage, 1000 radius). So we could trade smaller area for more damage? Idk, I think for clearing larger areas the bigger radius is much nicer.

Its tricky because the combos can layer on top of each and has multiplier effect.

And I think below I meant to say single ball (NOT combo) does more damage. If I increase the combo, then with multiple balls combo'd that gets multiplied. ...

The goal is to make the combo still pretty deadly but before the other fire modes were all but useless.. I think they are still pretty weak, but that's the trade off...

Lets play it a bit and see how it goes, this is one where you really need live action to test it.... since dev testing is against stationary or slow moving bots.