pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Crashes... thread for crash info.

Post by pooty »

Crashed last night

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: Using Official Link Setup: owner
Warning: ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo (Function ONSPlusOmni.ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo.ONSPlusFindPlayerStart:04DA) Accessed None 'SelectedPC'
Warning: ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo (Function ONSPlusOmni.ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo.ONSPlusFindPlayerStart:04DA) Accessed None 'SelectedPC'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:0007) Accessed None 'Other'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:000F) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:0017) Accessed None 'Other'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:001F) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:002A) Accessed None 'Other'
EvenMatchDebug: DEBUG: TigerWoods disconnected
Critical: UPlayer::Destroy
Critical: UNetConnection::Destroy
Critical: UObject::ConditionalDestroy
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: UNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UpdatePreNet
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-EverythingBUTtheKitchenSink
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 918 MByte 947 KByte 447 Bytes from HD took 4.309983 seconds (2.911973 reading, 1.398009 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 1.011991 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 09/26/22 21:42:32
captainsnarf

Re: Crashes... thread for crash info.

Post by captainsnarf »

I looked at that function. I didn't see anywhere it doesn't verify that SelectedPC is not None before accessing it.

Here is an interesting comment from ONSPlusScoreRules -> FindPlayerStart function (which calls the above function)

// HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK MUAHAHAHAHAH! (I'm overriding the FindPlayerStart function)
	if (ONSOnslaughtGame(level.game) != none && Player.PlayerReplicationInfo != none && ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo(Player.PlayerReplicationInfo) != none
		&& !ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo(Player.PlayerReplicationInfo).bLookingForStart)
	{
		PointList = ONSPlusPlayerReplicationInfo(Player.PlayerReplicationInfo).ONSPlusFindPlayerStart(True);
"// HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK MUAHAHAHAHAH!", not very encouraging :lol:

It's hard to say why it crashed. I've seen other error messages that are pretty much impossible, e.g. 'Accessed None Level.NetMode'. NetMode is an enum and not nullable. It can't be none, yet there's the error message.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:32 pm Crashed last night

ScriptLog: Using Official Link Setup: owner
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:0007) Accessed None 'Other'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:000F) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:0017) Accessed None 'Other'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:001F) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Minus-KitchenSink-Randomizer-V24.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:002A) Accessed None 'Other'
EvenMatchDebug: DEBUG: TigerWoods disconnected
Critical: UPlayer::Destroy
Critical: UNetConnection::Destroy
Critical: UObject::ConditionalDestroy
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: UNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UpdatePreNet
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-EverythingBUTtheKitchenSink
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 918 MByte 947 KByte 447 Bytes from HD took 4.309983 seconds (2.911973 reading, 1.398009 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 1.011991 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 09/26/22 21:42:32
The previous match was Arctic Junkyard, there's your cause. If the server doesn't crash loading a new map right after a Junkyard map, it crashes after the first round of the new map, every time. Junkyard maps have something severely bugged in them.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Junkyard maps have something severely bugged in them.
Here's the thing. Compared to every other map, the junkyard maps are the simplest maps on the server. They don't have a bunch of complex buildings/meshes (aka Minus) to interact with. They are mostly just open space and terrain.

I still maintain there's something with Cluster Bomb Arbalest that causes the crash. I am going to keep a scratch pad of crashes and see how often when that vehicle is on a map there's a crash -- BTW there was one of that vehicle on Minus-KS when we were playing and it crashed. I wonder if there's some interaction between the cluster bombs spawning and killing nodes/vehicles that leaves something hanging somewhere...

Perhaps a good test is to have a DJY version that has no Cluster Bomb Arbalest on it, and see if it crashes.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:17 am
Junkyard maps have something severely bugged in them.
Here's the thing. Compared to every other map, the junkyard maps are the simplest maps on the server. They don't have a bunch of complex buildings/meshes (aka Minus) to interact with. They are mostly just open space and terrain.

I still maintain there's something with Cluster Bomb Arbalest that causes the crash. I am going to keep a scratch pad of crashes and see how often when that vehicle is on a map there's a crash -- BTW there was one of that vehicle on Minus-KS when we were playing and it crashed. I wonder if there's some interaction between the cluster bombs spawning and killing nodes/vehicles that leaves something hanging somewhere...

Perhaps a good test is to have a DJY version that has no Cluster Bomb Arbalest on it, and see if it crashes.
But the Arbalest doesn't cause the crashing on other maps, or is that a different Arbalest?

Best way to test would be make a Djunk with only stock vehicles and see if it still crashes. If it still crashes, then you KNOW it's the map. If it doesn't, add the Arbalest in to see if it then causes the crash.

Snarf mentioned it could be other things inherent in the map causing the crashes - can't remember exactly what he suggested, something about node paths maybe. But then again, we may not want to fix the crashes... seems to be the only way we ever get to play maps other than MTMU, Djunk, MassD, MB, Nevermore or name-your-randomizer.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:58 am Snarf mentioned it could be other things inherent in the map causing the crashes - can't remember exactly what he suggested, something about node paths maybe. But then again, we may not want to fix the crashes... seems to be the only way we ever get to play maps other than MTMU, Djunk, MassD, MB, Nevermore or name-your-randomizer.
I thought maybe it was bad path nodes or a physics volume. I don't believe it has any physics volumes though.

We *really* shouldn't have to rely on crashing to play new maps!
Can we please at least remove some of the versions of the maps we have, and maybe think about increasing the map rotation limit thingy?

We don't need 6 versions of Minus, 4 versions of Junkyard, etc. That's all we end up playing.

BadgerMeUp, MEGA, and KitchenSink is plenty of Minus.

We only need one Arctic Junkyard and one Desert Junkyard. We should just keep the randomizer versions since that's what gets voted anyway. The other versions only get voted after the others are greyed out.

Minus, DJ, Minus, AJ, Nevermore, MassD, Dria, Masterbath - don't you get tired of that every single night? Sure we are all still playing the same game for 18 years now, so I guess we like to keep things the same, but geez guys come'on :? :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I've removed some lesser played maps over the weekend. Not going to list them, since no one cared. I still keep newer edits on there even if not popular.
Can we please at least remove some of the versions of the maps we have, and maybe think about increasing the map rotation limit thingy?
YES to both.
I will increase the rotation later today, I think its at 10 maps, make it 16. That might help right there -- at least it won't be the same version of Minus..

Several folks have their favorite "Minus". I personally would ditch Mega-Arena,Kamek and BadgerMeUP (sorry McLovin) Badger map is in need of edit, the ION badgers respawn way to fast making any comeback nearly impossible and quite frustrating.

WRT JY, I've already removed plain DJY months ago. Not sure we need the regular AJY though it does get voted.

I get tired of the same maps every night...even maps I used to like (MassD for instance). Like a song that gets overplayed where you don't want to hear it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 pm Minus, DJ, Minus, AJ, Nevermore, MassD, Dria, Masterbath - don't you get tired of that every single night? Sure we are all still playing the same game for 18 years now, so I guess we like to keep things the same, but geez guys come'on :? :lol:
Unfortunately much of our player base still hasn't even learned to dodge jump... it's unrealistic to expect them to learn new maps.
― Mark Twain
leon

Post by leon »

Every second map should be random map.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

Enyo wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:12 pm Unfortunately much of our player base still hasn't even learned to dodge jump... it's unrealistic to expect them to learn new maps.
I'm not following, what is this "dodge-jump" of which you speak? ;)