MassDestruction...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

MassDestruction...

Post by pooty »

So there's have been a few complaints/suggestions on this map.

- Remove Link Nuke
- Remove EMP
- Make 1/2 harder to hit with Levis (Maybe put a floor above the node...)
- Remove Levis entirely

Or just leave it as is.

I will say that this map is very hard on server processing because pretty much all the action is in a giant spambox. The levis also, I've noticed during our testing on the imposter server was that the levi singularity cannon really spikes the game CPU (like 3-8%). So if there's four levis firing, that could add 12-32% overhead (for you with access to NFO you can see this on yesterday's charts it spiked to 60% which was massD).
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: MassDestruction...

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

- Sure
- Sure
- I'd be up for it on a different version of the map
- Ditto

We have x amount of versions of Minus. This map is up there in terms of popularity. I don't see why we can't have two of them, or at least an alternate one to try. But I think messing with the 1/2 or Tiamats would greatly change how these maps work.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Multiple levis ruin the map. Reduce to one or none. And please do not make a new separate version of MassD, don't think I could handle playing it twice a night.

If you remove the link nuke and leave the levis, the team with a middle node down would never get it back up. Remove them both and you probably get a map that plays better. Right now, it's all levis and link nukes to rule it.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Multiple levis ruin the map. Reduce to one or none
I would lean toward either now or none. One would make the team that protects its levi would be unbalanced. Plus its less load on the server.

So, I think we are in agreement
- Remove EMP - Its annoying and has no counter -- it'd be okay if you could shoot it and blow it up, but now it basically can screw your base for good minute.

I think remove the levis, maybe leave the shocker. But the problem is the link nuke and center nodes... I think if there's a levi you need one. But we could remove the link nuke, maybe add another link flyer. So you'd have two link badger, two link scorps, two link flyers to help get middle nodes up. Maybe remove the posts on middle nodes so badgers and mantas can get in there easier.

I also wanted to see if I can mess with the big Cannon, make it locked for the team, lower health (its 8000), and let it fire faster.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If you get rid of the link nuke you should replace it with something like that OP instagib rifle on HSH (helios? steorra? i forget which is which).
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sterroa is the OP version of Helios (more damage and unlimited ammo) it would be brutal in the hands of folks like Anon, Sanka and Nautikal.
I was thinking maybe the Concussion Rifle, or maybe add the stormcaster.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

Definitely no more than 2 levi style firing vehicles with longer respawn times. (Including ion cannon)
Remove link nukes or relegate them away from building nodes, damage and healing to vehicles.

EMP is interesting but if it stays I feel it should be more obvious, take easy damage to disable it. It should only work once on vehicles and not pulse.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Instead of link nuke or steorra, maybe a sentinel at the link nuke spot?

I'm not sure what but you gotta put *something* at the link nuke spot! :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

EMP is interesting but if it stays I feel it should be more obvious, take easy damage to disable it. It should only work once on vehicles and not pulse.
Yes, it would have to be recoded the current implementation has those limitations.

ooo Sentinels...inside the buildings those would be brutal -- although easily killed by mino/mega. But yes have to put something there.

I could put a weapon locker, add the Helios, Concussion Rifle and Sentinel.
pooty

Post by pooty »

This one is going to get a rework for sure. Between open space and spammy nature plus the MAS/Levi cannon is really hard n the CPU it needs some tweaking.