Post by captainsnarf »

Can we get rid of some of these?

Too much minus
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Too much minus

Post by McLovin »

In the WISE words of Sarge, "If you don't like a map, don't vote for it or play it."

But absolutely DON'T be a DICKTATOR and delete maps for everybody.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's not being a dictator. Should we have 20 more version of minus then? 100 more? Having 100 versions of minus doesn't add choice. It takes it away.

What is the point of the map cooldown if there are multiple versions of the same map? We don't all want to play minus endlessly.
pooty

Post by pooty »

TESTING one (which I will delete today)
Randomizer-V5b (old original by request)
Kamek I had deleted and folks wanted it back
The two randomizers:
TMU - mostly tanks, light on flyers.
Kitchensink - every vehicle
MEGA-Arena - could go, but some love it.
BadgerMe - Mclovin's fav

But out of the last 12 matches played only one was minus...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:56 am TESTING one (which I will delete today)
Randomizer-V5b (old original by request)
Kamek I had deleted and folks wanted it back
The two randomizers:
TMU - mostly tanks, light on flyers.
Kitchensink - every vehicle
MEGA-Arena - could go, but some love it.
BadgerMe - Mclovin's fav

But out of the last 12 matches played only one was minus...
Both of the 2 bottom randomizers should be deleted, kitchensink is much preferred by everyone over the other 2, and having multiple randos of the same map is incredibly redundant. The other 2 with hardly any flyers are boring as hell. I don't think we owe Tribble anything, so at least delete v5b.

Pootylicious was an attempt to see how it played without the Omnitaur, and it is better, while adding the Mobreaker. I don't recall anyone begging for Kamek back, in fact heard the opposite of many complaining it's still on the server. Pick one and delete the other, they're too similar.

I'm with snarf on this, there are too many. And maybe not last night, but many nights we play MTMU 3 or 4 times.

And McLovin, we rarely get a true majority vote on one map anyway, usually only a plurality. Do we really want the tank whore shitstains always dictating we play the same tank heavy maps over and over? I don't. And remember, democracy is just another word for mob rule. I've said it before, OMNI is not a democracy. Doesn’t mean we don't listen to "the people," but ultimately pooty is the benevolent king here.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

OMG - The boring reoccurring never-ending discussion between the Minus haters that only see deletion as a solution, and the Live and Let Live crowd.

Why this constant desire to change what has been working?

I laugh in your general direction.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

McLovin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:33 pm OMG - The boring reoccurring never-ending discussion between the Minus haters that only see deletion as a solution, and the Live and Let Live crowd.

Why this constant desire to change what has been working?

I laugh in your general direction.
Isnt it "fart in your general direction"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here is the month of October

Rules
1. Over 12 players
2. Not Minus,Dria,MassD,Junkyard,Nevermore,Masterbath

10/30
none

10/29
captain gordons

10/28
halloween, tanksalot

10/27
bitchslap, homesweethome

10/26
valarna

10/25
alien2

10/24
captain gordons

10/23
red planet

10/22
valarna, abandoned city, bitchslap

10/21
alienhop, valarna

10/20
halloween

10/19
slated

10/18
gunshop

10/17
valarna, alpine

10/16
primeval, tyrant

10/15
valarna, panalesh, magicisle

10/14
tanksalot, valarna

10/13
none

10/12
alien2

10/11
red planet, valarna, slated

10/10
alienhop, valarna, dryice

10/9
valarna, shyron

10/8
valarna

10/7
volcanohigh, alienhop

10/6
masterbedroom, abandonedcity, guitarshop

10/5
none

10/4
acerbus, abandonedcity

10/3
tek

10/2
dawn, valarna, captain gordons

10/1
gunshop, tanksalot

That's it! That's all we've played over the last month. We have 133 maps on the server.

It's even more grim if you consider valarna is a new "B" choice map, and tanksalot,slated and alienhop always have been "B" choices. This is why I don't bother making any new ONS maps. Not sure why pooty put in the effort to modify alien2 with actual aliens when it only got played 2 times.

Why do you care McLovin? You don't play after 8pm EST and you always play with bots on Minus-BadgerMeUp. You could do that offline. You don't play with the rest of us. Your vote shouldn't even count. It's like you live in one state and are voting on issues in another.

Of those maps I maybe want to play gordons, gunshop, tanksalot, bitchslap. And I know I'm not the only one. Where's Tater when he's not workin on his camero? ROGER? SolidState? Not playing the same maps over and over, that's where. ROGER and SolidState play on CEONSS now. They might pop into our server but they don't stick around. I would play there if my lag wasn't so bad, so I end up playing a lot of DM/freon instead. I'd rather play ONS as it's a better team game, but not on our server if all we do is play the same 6 maps over and over. I might pop into our server if I see masterbath is playing and then fuck up the balance and leave. I've been trying to get more DM/freon elements added to our server, like UTComp and am still hoping for multi-dodge and quad jump. If it weren't for UTComp I wouldn't even play on our server anymore.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Maybe one or two days a week, we just lock the top 8 or 10 maps (Djunk, MB, MTMU, etc.) and force the server to vote new maps. I still like pooty's idea of rotating map packs in and out every couple weeks. How hard would that be to implement?

We could try a week or two without all those commonly played maps available. If player attendance drops dramatically, then we know we're stuck playing the same 8 to 10 maps until this game dies.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Put a Mino in any of the lesser-played maps and I guarantee you'd see more interest in them.

You gotta play to your audience and they clearly want Minos.

(Yes, yes, I know some of them already HAVE Minos.)