Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Spammy Vehicles....

Post by pooty »

I think some of the spammy vehicle weapons need to be nerfed:
Hurricane Alt-Fire
Dragon 2nd Seat Fire
Maybe even Arbalest Missles.

I'd like to put in a limit maybe like Wraith primary fire that discourages just holding the button down and spamming across a map. Its a no skill type of thing and all those homing missles by the dozen drag down the engine performance as well.

Thoughts?
captainsnarf

Re: Spammy Vehicles....

Post by captainsnarf »

Hurricane primary fire projectile is so slow. You need the alt fire for fast movers.
Dragon second seat encourages team play. If you make it less spammy it still needs to be a good weapon. Maybe increase damage but limit the fire rate? Not sure.

They've both been unchanged for years. Not sure how the players will feel about it.

An easy fix might be to just reduce the seek range. You can spam them across the map but won't get any hits. You need to actually be in the fight to get hits. That's how the helicopters were nerfed. You could sit way back in the corner in the original reaper copter, spam missiles and get top score.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hurricane primary fire projectile is so slow. You need the alt fire for fast movers.
Dragon second seat encourages team play. If you make it less spammy it still needs to be a good weapon. Maybe increase damage but limit the fire rate? Not sure.

They've both been unchanged for years. Not sure how the players will feel about it.
True might be too much change...

For Hurricane, I either have a gunner for the lasers or just switch myself. I think a barrage of 10-12 then a pause would be okay vs continually spamming.

For Dragon, either same fires a barrage and maybe more damage and seeking only close up so good at stationary targets (nodes, levis etc) and only seeking when closer -- Dragon has the driver laser for far away.

My real goal is to avoid the super spammers who sit in the fog and just blast away continuously....
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

In my native Southern vernacular, "I think you tryin' to fix somethin' that ain't broke!"

Neither the Hurricane nor Dragon missiles are hard to dodge in any flyer. And I can't stand having a gunner that spams missiles instead of using the lasers in the Hurricane against flyers. I'll catch a mino off guard in a Hurricane and spam him from behind a dozen or so times, never knows what got him, especially about the time I drop a primary on him. That's fair. But the guys that spam the missiles from afar instead of using the vehicle's better weaponry are dopes and easy to get around and kill. Leave em alone.

The nuke tank has a much faster fire rate and seems to home in more aggressively. But that's OK because it's otherwise defenseless. Leave it alone.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain