Grit Nights 2022

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: General Map Announcement Thread

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:16 pm ONS-GritNights-TMU-2022-V2 - Updated the previous version, changed some of the vehicles to their updated versions, replaced the Neomaka tank that always seemed odd/useless with GoliathIIs and MirageTanks. Replaced airstrike painter with stormcaster. And no I didn't make the temple any easier.
Yeah, the temple is only for advanced users. Once GTKY gave me a tutorial on how to do it. I failed miserably. I've specd a few others that can do it and I'm always amazed.
pooty

Grit Nights 2022

Post by pooty »

Thread for GritNights Map Discussion
pooty

Re: Grit Nights 2022

Post by pooty »

So there was some discussion last night of removing the noskilz translocator from the temple. Ideas on replacement? It already has the OMFG gun, but I was thinking maybe a Relic (speed or health), so some other weapon.

Other than that I think the vehicle updates worked pretty well.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Does our version have those boots that allow you to jump crazy high? I think ONS-Rail-Beta15 has the same boots.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Not sure, I only updated the vehicles and the painter on this version, everything else left alone. Not sure really need jump boots here its mostly flat (hills) vs. buildings/cliffs.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:00 pm Not sure, I only updated the vehicles and the painter on this version, everything else left alone. Not sure really need jump boots here its mostly flat (hills) vs. buildings/cliffs.
Are dodge boots possible? It'd be fun to be able to launch yourself more horizontally.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Are dodge boots possible? It'd be fun to be able to launch yourself more horizontally.
Should be but would have to code them up, probably from Jump boots. I've never tried a dodge jump in jump boots but I suspect the jump boots just its your Z position + N, so dodge boots would be X position +/- N. There is the chicken shit boot, where Y position - N for a quick retreat..lol.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

I watched AMERIGANDORIST do things on this map that I didn't even know were possible.
He moved from node to node no matter the status at will.
Also rarely misses and can take everything and everyone out with 1-2 shots.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

trans_lux wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:20 pm I watched AMERIGANDORIST do things on this map that I didn't even know were possible.
Did they have the noskillz translocator? It's a shock rifle but teleports you to where you shoot. You can cross the map faster than anything on the server.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:53 pm
trans_lux wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:20 pm I watched AMERIGANDORIST do things on this map that I didn't even know were possible.
Did they have the noskillz translocator? It's a shock rifle but teleports you to where you shoot. You can cross the map faster than anything on the server.
I think so. Also, I think he could destroy locked nodes but I'm not 100% sure.
He moved so fast it was hard to follow.