Grit Nights 2022

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Grit Nights 2022

Post by pooty »

Also, I think he could destroy locked nodes but I'm not 100% sure.
No. Not possible.

And Yes it was the noskillz translocator... it probably needs removed.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

pooty wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 am
No. Not possible.

Ability to spawn at locked nodes?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

trans_lux wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:03 pm
No. Not possible.

Huh? Of course you can spawn at a locked node, as long as it's your team's color. Never seen anyone, not even Anonymous, spawn at a locked enemy node. If he suddenly appeared at a locked enemy node, that's the translocator rifle making it seem like he did.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

Enyo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:41 pm
trans_lux wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:03 pm
No. Not possible.

Huh? Of course you can spawn at a locked node, as long as it's your team's color. Never seen anyone, not even Anonymous, spawn at a locked enemy node. If he suddenly appeared at a locked enemy node, that's the translocator rifle making it seem like he did.
Yah it was enemy nodes. Must have been the translocator making it look like he did. How he timed it perfectly to be able to attack them IDK.
Judas

Post by Judas »

I like the idea of replacing the noskillz translocator with a relic + antigrav boots. Maybe it would be helpful to do a poll?
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

No. Not possible.

Why...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Why...
Because the players that are good enough to get it, don't need the OP noskillz to add to their advantage.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:55 am
Why...
Because the players that are good enough to get it, don't need the OP noskillz to add to their advantage.
Sounds like a band aid for a "I can't do the trials"
Judas

Post by Judas »

Terminator wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:05 am
pooty wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:55 am
Why...
Sounds like a band aid for a "I can't do the trials"
I understand what you're saying here -- there should be a skill ceiling and people should be rewarded for their effort to complete difficult obstacles. However, I don't think it makes sense in this context. 99% of the players either are unaware of the trials, or choose not to engage with it. The 1% of the players that do have such a disproportionate impact on the outcome of the match without meaningful counter-play available that the outcome becomes unrewarding to the vast majority of participants in the match. Besides, who logs on to UT2004 (in 2022!) to complete a punishing obstacle course? There's plenty of other games that do it better.

I also understand the idea that the trials are available to players of both teams. If both teams have access to a powerful tool, then the outcome is decided by the teams who use the tool best, which makes sense. However, this still doesn't IMO mean that it's fair, because the vast majority of players just aren't doing the trials, no teamwork is required to complete the trial and get the weapon, and it doesn't make sense on a tactical level to devote resources (time, vehicles) to preventing the one person from the enemy team who actually bothers with the trials from completing the trials and getting the weapon. I personally don't bother with it because just floating around the whole map exploding everyone effortlessly just isn't very fun. It also pisses people off when they just lose to stuff like that from a single individual without having a chance to stop it. I simply wish to irritate my opponents gently as I play to win.

An alternative idea would be to put a giant hideous neon sign in front of the trial pyramid saying "ENTER IF YOU DARE!" or something so at least people know what's there.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Well said Judas.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain