Goliath w/ Sentinels?

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Goliath w/ Sentinels?

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Random thought but maybe the map Goliath would be cool with sentinels? It's kind of a DM map with many choke points so maybe they'd actually have some use instead of getting wrecked by tanks?
captainsnarf

Re: Goliath w/ Sentinels?

Post by captainsnarf »

It's kind of a DM map
Yes, please don't mess it up with sentinels :lol: MassD might be fun with sentinels and no levis.

I remember back in 2005 era I would put two level 3 minigun sentinels on a manta and own everybody. Definitely not the game I want to play today though. I'm glad we only have them on a couple maps.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah, Goliath would be a nightmare, you'd have Level3 Minigun, invisible sentinel and only hand weapons...good luck. They get killed pretty easily by tanks, hand weapons take much longer.

We'd have to fix the scoreboard/ghost player issue first though
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 am
It's kind of a DM map
Yes, please don't mess it up with sentinels :lol: MassD might be fun with sentinels and no levis.

I remember back in 2005 era I would put two level 3 minigun sentinels on a manta and own everybody. Definitely not the game I want to play today though. I'm glad we only have them on a couple maps.
The RMD server had sentinels on several maps, and they had a rule of no sentinels on vehicles. The way we’ve implemented them I never use them because the crates are too few and too spread out. Waste of time building sentinels with all the OP vehicles we have.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain