Opposite of nuke...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Opposite of nuke...

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:45 am See the Map Announcement, put it on KitchenSink-V12 on the server. Seems to work fine.

A couple of observations:
1. The updated skin is there on the pickup, but not in the player view of the weapon (looks just like a regular deemer)
2. There's no "fly mode" like a regular deemer? Is this intentional? First time I grabbed it I went to fly it around and it just launches
3. Its pretty powerful on a vulnerable primary..it destroys it, and completely builds it (aka flips it). So watch out opposing team with an open primary.
4. What does it do to an open core?

Lets see how it plays, part of me wonders if it wouldn't be better as a "backpack" nuke? Although having the fly mode would be cool to fly it and have it heal the mino or other players/vehicles. I can see Terminator parking a Levi/Tiamat/Shocker/Kraken/Pallas right on or near a node and someone using this to keep it all healed up.
Hmm, that's weird about the skin. I see it ok.

Yeah, there is no fly mode. I thought it would be too powerful to sit in the corner and switch their primary node. I'd be happy to add it though.

On PowerCores it only does damage like regular deemer (250). Should it do more?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Agreed on fly mode too powerful...although maybe just make a heal nuke that DOES fly about..it doesn't switch nodes, just heals players/vehicles.
So heal nuke
and yeaaah nuke

I mean on the weapon view in 1st person. I see it in 3rd person.

During online play I couldn't see the explosion effect. And it does take 1-2 seconds to actually take effect, I saw this when playing with bots, you can shoot the node while its building and sometimes prevent the yeaaah nuke effect, which I think is fine....to keep the balance. I couldn't tell if it healed or not might have to test that out.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 pm Agreed on fly mode too powerful...although maybe just make a heal nuke that DOES fly about..it doesn't switch nodes, just heals players/vehicles.
So heal nuke
and yeaaah nuke

I mean on the weapon view in 1st person. I see it in 3rd person.

During online play I couldn't see the explosion effect. And it does take 1-2 seconds to actually take effect, I saw this when playing with bots, you can shoot the node while its building and sometimes prevent the yeaaah nuke effect, which I think is fine....to keep the balance. I couldn't tell if it healed or not might have to test that out.
Ah, the 1st person. Yeah, I only changed the missile texture, not the missile launcher part. I can change that too. If you'll notice the picture I posted above of 3rd person, you can see the launcher is still the same.

I could here the ambient sound, but not the 'oh yeah' boom or see effects. I think I barely heard the pickup sound, but there was a lot going on. It didn't seem like blast damage was working either. I shot next to the node but nothing happened. Hitting the node directly worked though. And when it worked, oh boy! We probably would have won if I could learn how to walk and talk at the same time. Secret weapon :D

Also, I'm hard at work on a new version of Pallas :) I've made some much needed improvements to SPMA fire. I gave it mouse aim like reverse SPMA and improved the range and trajectory. On AJ you can hit the far node 7/10 from the base spawn location muahahah

I'll keep working on link nuke also, and need to setup a server at home so I can verify replication before sending out more mods.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll keep working on link nuke also, and need to setup a server at home so I can verify replication before sending out more mods.
Just run your UT game in Host/Dedicated mode .. you'll just need another PC to play or just use something like Virtual Box. The hosted server is Windows so don't worry about going through the Linux stuff.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Sidenote: Thanks for calling it the YEAAAAHHHHH nuke. I feel immortalized now in this modded 20 year old game!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:14 pm Sidenote: Thanks for calling it the YEAAAAHHHHH nuke. I feel immortalized now in this modded 20 year old game!
No problem! It was your idea 8-) I like making mods so that's no problem. Thanks for killing me with the Pallas the other day. Felt good :D

If there are any other mod ideas let me know!

The next idea I had was to fix the Badger. I was hoping I could make a 'badgerfix' mutator that fixes the Z=0 problem with the entries and positions that causes you to fall through the map and also causes avrils to seek to the ground. The good thing about a mutator is it could fix all the different variants without needing to fix each badger individually. Run the mutator and you no longer fall out of badgers. Not sure if it's possible but that's the idea.

on another sidenote, TIL the Mino shoots three projectiles at the same time.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Here are the updated sounds
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Pooty and Snarf let me know when you download them so I can take down the link.

MoBreaker sound is combination of:
-War reenactment guys firing a cannon on youtube
-Badlands x-ray device from Jurassic Park
-Abrams tank firing from inside

YEAAAHHH nuke is combination of:
-Shepard tone
-Gong scrape
-Sound effect snarf linked
-"real" nuke blast sound
-Roger Daltrey yeahhhhh
-Lil John yeahhh
-James Hetfield yeahhhh
-Kool Aid Man yeahhhhh

The low quality versions are pretty poor (8 bit, 16kHz mono). The medium quality files should be just up to the limit of the max requirement (16 bit, 22.050kHz mono)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Sounds downloaded. I'll get them into the link nuke soon. Thank you!