ONS-Minus2

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

ONS-Minus2

Post by captainsnarf »

Will there ever be a new version of this map?

more than just inventory changes, something like:
Dremus -> Dremus2
Minus -> Minus2 (?)

Not sure how it should change. More hills? Different roads, move buildings around?
pooty

Re: ONS-Minus2

Post by pooty »

Oh you might rile up some with talk of another Minus version!!

So I have a edit that Binger started reworking Minus. Its not complete though, its expanded out with cores moved back. If you want to look at it let me know and I can upload it.

There's also this minus: https://www.omnipotents.com/omni-ut2004 ... 14.ut2.uz2(Has the 3/4 nodes inside a building)

There's been couple of ideas:
1. Flood the trenches, so vehicles in the trenches get drowned, bridges become choke points..
2. Have more 3D interaction, either tunnels (like CEONSS edit) or better yet use the tops of the buildings via lifts/ramps. (I started some of this with the Jumppads on Minus-pOOtylicious at 8/9 where you can get to all the roof tops from 1/2 > 8/9 and even shoot 3/4. Of course you're a sitting duck for the flyers though.

I always wanted to expand the "tunnel" at the ends of the trench as well. Not sure what I'd use it for though.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:37 pm Oh you might rile up some with talk of another Minus version!!
Haha! You can never have enough MINUS, LOL
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

I think a useful change for Minus would be to convert the canals into raised roadways. This would negate the "Sit in the center with a super tank and spamming enemy nodes" problem. (grumble-mutter-mumble) The nodes currently in the trenches could be placed in the tunnels that pass through the raised terrain, making it harder to find a good angle of attack.

It's also an opportunity to cover the trench but leave it accessible from one Base to the other.

Just a thought.