I'm missing a few sounds

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

I'm missing a few sounds

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Is it just me? The MoBreaker primary fire and Link Nuke don't make any sound. If it's everyone then maybe it's the issue of the sound file needing to be reduced in size. Let me know.

Also, I've never had a mino horn or vehicle acceleration sound (always sounds like idling) so I know my setup is weird.
Tater

Re: I'm missing a few sounds

Post by Tater »

I had the same sound issues, along with a ton other. I switched from 64 bit to 32 and it solved all my problems ironically, lol.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think there are different versions of MoBreaker? One primary fire is silent. The other makes static sound for me.

The Link Nuke makes sound and effects offline but not online. It's a bug.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So, there are a few versions of the Mobreaker. The one on KitchenSink should work fine, if it doesn't let me know..the other versions are "embedded".

So wrt to sounds, UT is pretty picky: It wants only 8-bit/Mono/<22KHz sampling. I think the mobreaker sound was stereo which kind of messed with it a bit. On my end the boom is louder close, but farther off it goes nearly quiet.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

pooty wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:19 am So, there are a few versions of the Mobreaker. The one on KitchenSink should work fine, if it doesn't let me know..the other versions are "embedded".

So wrt to sounds, UT is pretty picky: It wants only 8-bit/Mono/<22KHz sampling. I think the mobreaker sound was stereo which kind of messed with it a bit. On my end the boom is louder close, but farther off it goes nearly quiet.
Okay I'll bounce a new version. I had the quality cranked up on the original one I sent.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Tater wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:07 am I had the same sound issues, along with a ton other. I switched from 64 bit to 32 and it solved all my problems ironically, lol.
Oh man I've never tried this. I'll give it a wheel.