YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Post by captainsnarf »

New version 1.2 available! Download here

- Added mutator with GUI to configure YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke
- Remake how 'flip nodes' feature works to be less confusing
- Make vehicles heal at flat rate instead of proportional
- Add max healing

pooty

Post by pooty »

Does that write out an .ini file? So how do I config that for the maps?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 am Does that write out an .ini file? So how do I config that for the maps?
Config is global and yes it uses INI file. You would have to run the mutator to use the configuration. Should I make them editor properties instead? I could probably put those properties on the weapon pickup which would appear in the editor. I thought if they were properties on the pickup it would be confusing to have the link nuke behave differently between maps. Happy to change it though.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'm torn between global config, and properties on the weapon/pickup per map.
Global config makes sense that its consistent between maps, but on some maps a more powerful setting(s) make sense eg. high power maps like MassD, Randomizers, others lower settings make sense. Maybe we should just play test it out for a bit. Its only on two maps presently, and so far, IMO, the most powerful aspect is the node flip, I waited a couple times till they almost built the node, then flipped it.. big time shift say on Minus 6 or 8/9, or on MassD on 1/2 middle nodes.
I am leaning toward maybe not having it flip, just build open, or started nodes, but no effect on enemy building/built nodes. Otherwise its like Redeemer++ Destroys and builds at the same time (just like the Genesis Torpedo)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok updated Minus-Kitchensink on the server with link nuke 1.2
Settings are as follows:
[CSLinkNuke.MutUseLinkNuke]
bHealNodes=True
NodeHealRate=150
NodeHealDuration=5.000000
bHealPlayers=True
PlayerHealRate=10
PlayerHealDuration=5.000000
PlayerHealMax=199
bHealVehicles=True
VehicleHealRate=75
VehicleHealDuration=5.000000
VehicleHealMax=1000
Damage=251
bShowMapIcon=False
bFlipNodes=False

So it won't Flip Nodes, but it WILL destroy enemy nodes just like a regular nuke. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but I think that's fine. Would be a fun use of it when there's a good fight, say at 8/9 on minus, you link nuke it, the enemy node goes down, enemies take 251 pts, and all friendlies get healed.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

oh crap, I didn't realize bShowMapIcons appeared in the config. I think I had that code commented out but just in case never turn that flag on :D

Speaking of, I've been working on that feature and making good progress. In UT3 if you had the Orb you would appear on minimap so enemy had a chance to stop you. I think it was a big part of what balanced it out - knowing it's coming helps a lot when defending.

Also thinking of making a 'backpack' version. I wasn't aware there was such a thing :D But now that I saw it seems like a good way to handle link nuke.

*edit*

Oh yes it always destroys the enemy node regardless of damage setting. It does 5000 damage to nodes :)
pooty

Post by pooty »

I do like the backpack, but its also fun to be able to shoot it...say from top of a building or from a hiding spot.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version available! Download here

- Add Radar mutator to show Link Nukes on map. Supports up to 10 at a time. If you pick up a link nuke you are on the map so be careful! It will only show players carrying them, not if they are available at spawn points and not if they are flying through the air.
- Add missing respawn time in config mutator
- removed that 'bShowMapIcon' thing since the radar mutator replaces it

Here is me playing with a bunch of bots with weapon replacement link guns -> link nukes

Also I was testing out and you do not need to actually run the config mutator for the settings to work. It just updates the ini file. You can enable the mutator, change the settings, then disable it and still get the settings. You can also skip the config mutator and just edit the ini file.

Since the radar mutator updates the HUD, other mutators that update the HUD may not render. The UltimateMappingTools -> UltimateVehicleFactory is an example which is on ArcticJunkYard-V3m-Beta11. It shows Minotaur on the map. With link nuke radar mutator enabled it won't show minotuar anymore.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I think that'll be cool to neutralize them a bit. It's also nice to have everyone hear the OH YEAHHH effect to check the map to see what happened.
pooty

Post by pooty »

For most players its better for you NOT to download the package. If you install it in your system directory, and then I update it on the server, the versions have to match or else you'll get 'Package Version Mismatch', if it gets downloaded from redirect to cache it will automatically update. Current Server is on 1.2 (I'll update the Map Announcements thread when I update the server).

You can neutralize them by shooting the node while it builds...its not always an automagic build, it takes about 1 sec to fully build, so shooting the enemy node during that 1 second can stop it from fully build and if you've got a big enough gun (eg. Mino, Bio) can actually kill the node completely...so its not unstoppable. By same token, friendly linking can accelerate this effect, and using a link nuke on a half built node takes half the time to build completely.

You can Nuke enemy nodes--firing it on the enemy attackable nodes will destroy them just like a regular redeemer. It will heal friendlies too, it just won't automatically flip (which was really powerful imo).
everyone hear the OH YEAHHH effect to check the map to see what happened.
You just want everyone to hear your name...lol. Seriously though, its pretty loud now, at least I hear it on Minus pretty much if I am within half a map distance....might be fun to have it "announced" like "Blue Power node Link Nuked...Oh yeaaah"