YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Post by pooty »

Yes I'd at least increase the respawn time by quite a bit.
Not sure how to do that? The WeaponPickups seem to have a fixed respawn time.
Its why on Minus-KS I put it above 6, its wide out in the open, lots of chances for enemy team to kill you when you're trying to get it. But yes, having 2-3 players with instant build capability is pretty devastating.
So should it be changed that it does zero damage? Meaning it won't harm an enemy / enemy node (even if its building), meaning you'd have to start the node first, much like you do with link tanks? This would let you build fast a node you control, but you'd have kill the enemy node the old fashioned way first.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:31 am
Yes I'd at least increase the respawn time by quite a bit.
Not sure how to do that? The WeaponPickups seem to have a fixed respawn time.
Its why on Minus-KS I put it above 6, its wide out in the open, lots of chances for enemy team to kill you when you're trying to get it. But yes, having 2-3 players with instant build capability is pretty devastating.
So should it be changed that it does zero damage? Meaning it won't harm an enemy / enemy node (even if its building), meaning you'd have to start the node first, much like you do with link tanks? This would let you build fast a node you control, but you'd have kill the enemy node the old fashioned way first.
I actually reduced it in the 1.1 version. It was 120 seconds, same as redeemer. New version is 60 seconds. Is this too short?

Should there be only one allowed? I might be able to make it so if someone has one it won't spawn. I kind of like the idea of having a team save up yeaaahhhh bombs for a coordinated strategy. More team work = better.

Happy to change it however you guys want. In play testing with bots I think the new vehicle healing might be a little OP. It heals a vehicle in ~1 sec to full health whether it's a manta or a kraken.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah so the time is set by the weapon..makes sense I suppose. Maybe 80 secs is good compromise?
I'd rather more than one could have them though...team 1 linknukes, team2 immediately counters it with one of their own.

I think the vehicle healing should have a point max, maybe 800? Would heal most tanks and below, but not fully heal minos/MASes.
Imagine RedPlanet and being able to heal a 100pt Kraken to 10000. Yikes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, that was dumb lol.

Does it ruin the game? Possibly. When the strategy on that TMU layout is to always keep node 6 down, nobody expects it to magically go up. I'm hoping as more people know they will go after node 6. It worked out much better on the first layout where 6 wasn't as important.

They added the node flipping orb to UT3 ONS and called it WAR instead. Maybe flipping the node is too much? Is it still ONS? Also there is a bug I saw tonight where the node flipped and it had correct beam color but wrong mesh colors. It worked but was confusing and needs fixed.

I'm thinking either leave it as-is and let people figure it out more (it was just our team camping the linknuke), or maybe some changes like:

1. no node flipping, only kills enemy node
2. heals nodes at 2-links rate
3. cap on vehicle healing, same 2-links rate
4. more damage to cores (only does 5 pts currently)
5. put respawn time back to 120 sec

That last match though was definitely broken. It should turn the tides, not win the game.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think it was my fault, placement at 6, whereas I thought that having out in the open would make it tougher since you're exposed, but grab it, hit 6 and cut them off... So I am going to move it to behind the boxes, one per team, make 6 a nuke. Its also on MassD right between 1/2 so its possible to grab it run to one and get the core hot...but with all the spamming there it'd be lucky to survive, but I'll probably move it too.

But back to the YLN weapon:
Not sure if this is possible but:
Node action - Enemy Node - kills it and starts it for your team
Node action - Neutral Node, Team node, builds it like it does now ~1 sec
Node action - Friendly Node - builds to full health ~1 sec
Enemy Players/Vehicles - 250 pts damage max (wipes out most infantry, weak vehicles) but its not a redeemer ++
Friendly Players heals to Max health 199
Friendly Vehicles heals a 75 pts, per 0.1s, total of 750. Which is a fast nice boost, but doesn't give you instant Kraken Regen.
Respawn 90 seconds. Remember you have to shoot it at the node not fly it around.

Lastly (note to self), mappers need to think a little bit more about where and when before dropping it in.

Thoughts?
GuyThat69sU

Post by GuyThat69sU »

I think this is one of the coolest things done to spice up the gameplay and add variety. I haven't played it yet, but I really appreciate the effort.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:22 pm
Does it ruin the game? Possibly. When the strategy on that TMU layout is to always keep node 6 down, nobody expects it to magically go up. I'm hoping as more people know they will go after node 6. It worked out much better on the first layout where 6 wasn't as important.
I'm cool with updates or just letting it roll for a while as it is. Whatever you guys think.

We can see how people feel about it changing the game, but man it's nice to have for those moments where you seem to be the "only one on my friggin team at 9!!!!".

Also, did anyone find out what it does to a core? Does it heal it? I also assume locked nodes are unaffected?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated the two maps its on, so there's two (theoretically one per team), placed on the map perimeters...so you have to spend time to get it and then get close enough to use them without dying.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It doesn't do anything special like healing to cores, only nodes.
It doesn't do anything to locked nodes as that would be game-breaking.
It does a measly 5 pts to enemy core.
ProtoDroidBot

Post by ProtoDroidBot »

If timed right, you can die but still have a >0 health bar if you fire the link nuke at your feet. It's a small novelty but incredibly wasteful :)