Airpower Vehicles (Predator, Reaper, Karma Drop Ship)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Tater

Re: Airpower Vehicles (Predator, Reaper, Karma Drop Ship)

Post by Tater »

pooty wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:57 am You can still shoot across the map by targeting via the Radar hanging out of sight, homing or not, so I am thinking either no radar, or change that weapon to have a shorter range
As fun/OP as the radar is, I think Yeahhhhh is right. It should be removed to bring the heli back into the UT-universe; it defeats the purpose of the fog, even if you guys write the code to make the weapons have shorter distance.
Also I don't think the Predator plasma shot has homing (if it does it's negligible), I always had to lead my shot when dogfighting in the air.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

So I looked into the mino turret thing... I'm glad I did! It was broken. If you transported a tank the turrets would stop working. This happened for all tanks not just mino. Some weird event thing. It's fixed now.

I modified the Reaper stealth to turn off if you shoot. I also added the progress bar thing to show how much stealth is left. While stealth is on it counts down but stops counting when it's off.

the special HUD has been removed.

Download here CSAPVerIV_1.0.1.zip
pooty

Post by pooty »

Is there range on the Radar? Might be fun to have some radar, but limit the range

The 1.0 and 1.0.1 are exactly the same (even down to winrar's CRC check)?? Shouldn't the file size/CRC be different for the 1.0.1 .u file?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

They probably should be different! Not sure what is wrong there, however...

New version 1.0.2 available! :D

Changes:

Modified vehicle factories with new editor config options (default in parens) :

bEnhancedHud - enable the enhanced hud (false)
EnhancedHudRange - range of enhanced hud (10000)

and additionally for Reaper:
CloakTime - cloak time in seconds (60)

Since some people want it and others don't I thought it best to make it optional.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah very cool. I kind of like the radar and with it putting you in Avril range makes sure while you can get the info, you're in range of getting hit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its on the server. Did some testing.
1. Enhanced HUD doesn't work on the server Reapers have it enabled on DesertedSands-V6.. works on my local Listen server but not on the omni one..so not sure about that?
2. Dropship worked well. Only 1 small glitch, the emitters for the jets stay after it blows up (like the OmniHelix) Image

Question if you transport a locked vehicle, when it drops does that vehicle become unlocked when it drops?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:28 pm Its on the server. Did some testing.
1. Enhanced HUD doesn't work on the server Reapers have it enabled on DesertedSands-V6.. works on my local Listen server but not on the omni one..so not sure about that?
2. Dropship worked well. Only 1 small glitch, the emitters for the jets stay after it blows up (like the OmniHelix)

Question if you transport a locked vehicle, when it drops does that vehicle become unlocked when it drops?
Crap, forgot to replicate those values. It's a quick fix. Download here CSAPverIV_1.0.3.zip

Man, fixing those emitters is kind of a huge bug lol. The way they are attached/removed would need to be completely redone.

Yes if you transport a locked vehicle it becomes unlocked when it is dropped. I thought about changing it but I think it's a feature not bug. This way there is some danger when dropping it. Also it is dropped when DropShip is destroyed.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

OK, I have a major problem with nerfing every fucking flyer on DesertedSands. Why is it you guys are so eager to nerf flyers, yet the mino still exists in its ridiculous form? Every time a few players start bitching about the OP flyers, we go and nerf them but add even more powerful tanks to maps. Shit makes no sense. Not every one of us likes to sit in slow ass tanks and spam shit.

I totally understand removing the radar from the Predator, but please put the firepower back to how it was. It's now a completely useless flyer. Seems like all the good flyers on DesertedSands have been nerfed.. Please put the falcon back to it's regular rate of fire. also seems like the Reaper rockets have been nerfed too, I know they do more damage on Arctic Randomizer. The flyers already have a weakness of extremely low health, so why take away their ability to fight too?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok so some feedback, from tonight.
Dropship is fun.. and people will now have to account for minos showing up. I think though maybe we should give it 1000 hp. Its not a fighter but it should take a tank shell or two.

However the damage from Predator / Reaper is way too weak now, hard to kill stuff.
Some suggestions
Reaper
main cannon:
fireinterval=0.4 (was 0.2) 0.25
damage=30 (was 55)55

missile weapon: (This is the exploding missle, it should be the best weapon for this IMO)
maxlockrange=10000 (was 30000) Keep it, 10000 is Avril lock on range.
damage=100 (was 165) Make it 150
damageradius=300 (was 550) 500

hellfire missile:
fireinterval=5.5 (was 1.5) 1.5 since now you have to be within shoot down range for lock..
damage=50 (unchanged)

predator

main weapon:
Maxlockrange=10000 (was 30000) Keep it, 10000 is Avril lock on range. and this IS a homing weapon right?
fireinterval=0.36 (was 0.14) 0.18 so twice as fast as now, they are slower but
speed=24000 (was 30000)
damage=40 (unchanged) 220hp/sec which is pretty stout
For reference Falcon_SeriesII fire interval is 0.18, but damage is only 30 and they do not home in...so this is a step up from the falcon_II. Which is 165hp/sec. Original Falcon was 0.13 damage 30, 230 hp/sec. So this is on par, and close up with homing it should be brutal.
Now @Enyo, made a good point, we've made it so it pretty much has to get in Avril range to fight, and its hp are pretty weak, so it should be fairly bad ass to kill nodes/tanks. Its only a 350hp flier not a 2000 hp mino. That being said its quite simple to damage a mino, its an easy target. Some players, (Enyo, Xexx, SK, Tater, leon) move the fliers in a way that most of the other players can't ever get an Avril/Battery lock, and have to hit them like 8-10 times with shock rifle to kill them..and with them zipping all over.. I mean Enyo how easy to people pick you off in a Falcon? Much less than when you're in the mino...for the most part minos end up being stationary.

missile weapon:
fireinterval=2.5 (was 1.5) 2
damage=115 (unchanged)
damageradius=550 (unchanged)

hellfire rocket:
maxlockrange=10000 (was 30000)
fireinterval=3.5 (was 1.5) 2
damage=50 (unchanged)

passenger turret: (Keep this is an improvement)
spread=0 (was 0.01)
damage=35 (was 25)
fireinterval=0.1 (was 0.2)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Enyo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:55 pm OK, I have a major problem with nerfing every fucking flyer on DesertedSands. Why is it you guys are so eager to nerf flyers,
For me it was more about the Radar, and the homing.. the Predator could kill you QUICKLY and you couldn't even see it, let alone get an Avril lock. So I think this rev moved the needle too much...its a work in progress to get it just right.