Raptors, Falcons, Wasps, oh my...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Raptors, Falcons, Wasps, oh my...

Post by captainsnarf »

Tater wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm Phoenix - So in that vehicle I seem to hear about 3x as many firing sounds than I see laser beams. Does anyone else have this problem? I just go by the crosshairs anyway but if there's somehow an easy fix there that'd be cool. Maybe just changing its primary fire to the beams that come out of the bottom of the Cicada and make the rate of fire and damage the same?
It happens I think for everyone under heavy traffic on the server, same with most laser vehicles (Centaur, wyvern, etc). I'm pretty sure it is still dealing out the damage, just not showing the lasers. Sometimes will show under light load, definitely on instant action.
It'd be cool to see a fix for this, not sure why it's really a large problem the server/engine can't handle.
I'm not sure about Phoenix but I think it might be a bug. When I copied Mino laser turrets to Pallas I noticed Mino laser turrets did that too. It's fixed in Pallas laser turrets.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm Phoenix - So in that vehicle I seem to hear about 3x as many firing sounds than I see laser beams. Does anyone else have this problem? I just go by the crosshairs anyway but if there's somehow an easy fix there that'd be cool. Maybe just changing its primary fire to the beams that come out of the bottom of the Cicada and make the rate of fire and damage the same?
I experience this with literally EVERYTHING on the server that shoots lasers including the Centaur, Mino, Dragon, Hurricane, and even the new Starbolt flyer. The lasers are definitely still doling out damage as long as you keep the crosshairs on your target, the visual just isn't there.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I am cleaning up the Falcon called FalconV3Omni. (UT doesn't like class names that end in a digit for some reason). Using the usual texture.
Its almost back to the original stats, fire rate is .15 vs. 13 (Nerfed one was .18), and alt fire does same as Falcon I (you have to get close to use it).
Manuverabilty should be the same as the original falcon.
I should have it on the server tomorrow, I'll find a map to embed it so we can test it out and tweak it before finally packaging it up...

I also want to finish the Starbolt, it seems pretty fun, but it needs an alt weapon...I was thinking maybe the Alt-fire from Flare Raptor, or maybe the Reaper Missle (the blinding one)...

Next up will be Ifrit and Omega.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:28 pm So I am cleaning up the Falcon called FalconV3Omni. (UT doesn't like class names that end in a digit for some reason). Using the usual texture.
Its almost back to the original stats, fire rate is .15 vs. 13 (Nerfed one was .18), and alt fire does same as Falcon I (you have to get close to use it).
Manuverabilty should be the same as the original falcon.
I should have it on the server tomorrow, I'll find a map to embed it so we can test it out and tweak it before finally packaging it up...

I also want to finish the Starbolt, it seems pretty fun, but it needs an alt weapon...I was thinking maybe the Alt-fire from Flare Raptor, or maybe the Reaper Missle (the blinding one)...

Next up will be Ifrit and Omega.
Cool. The Starbolt definitely does NOT need missiles. Its primary is pretty devastating against flyers already, and honestly pretty good against just about anything, even ground troops because it fires so rapidly. The flare raptor bomb would be good though since it has to be dropped pretty close to the target, unlike the dragon bomb that can be lobbed a mile away.

On the Omega, maybe the same alt fire as the Phoenix? That's actually how the ion tank's alt fire works, so makes sense. But then again, that would still leave it defenseless against flyers, so maybe a missile. I dunno, just not a huge fan of any auto-locking weapons.

Ifrit should be easy, give that thing the same flame thrower the draco has for its primary. But please don't screw with the alt fire missile, it's not auto-lock, but powerful, and it has a slow fire rate. It actually works really well against other flyers if you know how to time it.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I got the starbolt working with a slighlty more powerful version of the Flare bomb. Idea is you streak in....drop the bomb as you're flying away. If you stand still in it..you're gonna die fast. Hopefully I'll get it on a map tomorrow.
I think the omega already has the secondary Ion fire..if it doesn't it will.
I'm still torn on the Ifrit. The alt-fire is staying as is, just needs progress bar. Primary could be like the draco, but not sure anyone would use it. The flame tank "firebombs" that burn for 3-5 s..and you can pile them up seems like it'd be more fun... swoop in drop a few of those on something and watch it burn.
Both Ifrit and Omega really don't have much in the way of air defense vs other flyers which is fine.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On the server, see the Map Announcements thread.

Starbolt 2.0 - A very Fast Raptor type vehicle, goes really fast straightline, not very manuverable, powerful primary lasers, powerful (2x FlareRaptor) Flare bomb. Only 175 hp.
Falcon 3.0 - Hopefully this will be the Falcon going forward, so no guessing on what's what. Its pretty close to the original falcon.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Railtank, Cerberus, Centaur, Basilisk are great anti air vehicles. People complain on Deserted Sands that the Predators are OVP. Maybe they are, but their are plenty of anti air vehicles on that map to counter them. The Cerberus driver seat has a primary lock on rocket that travels fast and does 82 damage. The passenger has a slower traveling lock on rocket that does 247 damage. And the driver minigun turret is stronger than the badgers.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have the Omega 2.0 done. No other Changes other than the Charging Bar HUD. It does have the Ion Tank/Phoenix like secondary fire.

On to the Ifrit 2.0, which is going to be a bit more complicated, as the original version (From Castiel Vehicle Pack 1/2) did NOT have the Fire Tank fire, so have to pull that out of the map(s).

There's also two versions of the Venom Goo Raptor (not counting the Venom G-Police Vehicle which is one of the coolest ones we have). Not sure what the differences are between Venom 1 and Venom MKII.

So to sum up:
Wasp_SeriesII - Good To Go, has its own file. Wasp_SeriesII.u
Falcon 3.0 - Done, might need tweaking has its own file FalconV3Omni.u
Starbolt 2.0 - Done, might need tweaking has its own file StarboltV2Omni.u
Omega 2.0 - Done, might need tweaking has its own file OmegaV2Omni.u
Mirage Raptor - GTG, not sure on the file?
Ifrit 2.0 - WIP IfritV2Omni.u
Venom 3.0 - WIP VenomV2Omni.u
Phoenix - GTG, needs its own file (or maybe just use GorzRaptors version?)

Eventually all the .u files that are new will be on the server...however, if you're not mapping, at least for the short term, don't download them to your system directory, let it cache (they are mostly small anyway), so that as we tweak them you won't get Version Mismatch. I should probably start updating the google doc...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Finishing up the Starbolt 2.0
Reduced MaxSpeed from 6250 to 5500 (just slightly faster than Wyvern), Increased health to 200, and reduced impact damage so a single slight hit won't blow you up. BUT a full speed crash = boom. And I don't want to increase the health on it more than Avril Damage. If you're sneaky enough to get the slow (2800 speed) avril to hit it I think that's worth a kill. I might increase it to 225, but that's max. Going to test it a bit right now.