Shield tanks

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Terminator
Server Sponsor: Yes

Shield tanks

Post by Terminator »

The Paladin Class

Paladin – This is the original. Its still on some maps like Djunk and is useless against modern vehicles. Weak shield and slow primary fire.

Aegis normal shield & Aegis funny looking shield – I don’t know if the Aegis funny shield is stronger of if its just for looks but the Aegis normal shield is powerful and can take a direct minotaur hit and still survive. The Aegis is probably the most well known of the Paladin class of shield tanks as the two versions are on many maps. The primary fire shoots fast.

Crusader – I really like this edition of the Paladin. It heals quickly if you get out and link it yourself and if you have the shield up and shoot the primary, it will add 10 HP to your vehicle- it can heal itself which is cool. I wish the Crusader was on more maps and I encourage everyone to try the vehicle out. Its on Nevermore. The shield is more powerful than the Paladin but is not equal to the Aegis. The primary fire shoots fast.

Dark Paladin – This is the fast Paladin. Its super-fast and can catch a Megabadger. The primary fire shoots fast and is powerful. The shield is weak. Weaker than the Aegis and from what I can tell, weaker than the Crusader. Might be equal to the original Paladin. I like this version to but it speed makes it limited as to where it can be placed.

Turtle – This edition of the Paladin is slow but has a strong shield that it will give any Tiamat, Kraken, Leviathan & Shocker a headache as the shield can survive two full blasts from a Tiamat or Kraken’s Singularity Cannon. The Turtle will eat Minotaurs all day long. Powerful shield and slow but powerful primary fire. I like the Turtle but there are certain places for it.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Shield tanks

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I wish the crusader could heal itself a little better, like 40hp per blast. Not a lot of people know about that feature.

And yeah, the Paladin is a bummer. I think it'd only be any good on Tyrant or some other kind of small DM map.
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Shield tanks

Post by pooty »

These probably could use a bit of an update too.. but they don't need too much tweaking.
The Dark Paladin's shield also fully refreshes really quickly about 1s or less.
Remember the Paladin was the original vehicle the rest of the ShockTanks are built off of...