Badger Fix

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Badger Fix

Post by captainsnarf »

Are you tired of hopping in the only fast vehicle around, the badger, racing down to the primary node, only to get out and fall through the map?

Are you tired of shooting a badger for days-on-end with Levi missiles while they laugh at you and murder you with minguns?

Then I have the mutator for you! Download here BadgerFix 1.0.3

This mutator fixes the center-of-mesh issue with badgers that causes you to fall through the floor when exiting and causes seeking missiles to hit the ground.

The fix required modifying the mesh which is embedded in the mutator. It depends on the existing badger content packages like sounds, textures, etc. Since the mesh itself cannot be mutated with code via a mutator I had to rebuild all the badgers to make this work.

Badgers affected:

Badger )o(
Fire Badger
regdaB
Stealth Badger
Link Badger
Bio Badger
Ion Plasma Badger

Badgers *not* affected:
flame badger (it possibly is already fixed by someone else)

minor fixes
- bio badger turrets no longer hurt bio tank
- stealth badger shadow is removed while stealth
Last edited by captainsnarf on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enyo

Re: Badger Fix

Post by Enyo »

Sweet! Let's get these puppies on the server pronto... thanks snarf!

My only question is why in the Hell couldn't anyone from the long list of previous mappers and vehicle mod guys that have been through this server the last 10 years figure that out? And snarf does it in like a day... what a badass!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

oops, looks like I broke ion badger... give me a bit to fix it. For now I removed it from the mutator.

*edit* it's fixed now. I updated the link and version number.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Cool. I'll look at getting this on the server, likely this weekend, since:
Its a big impact change and needs some server testing, and time to back it out if needed.

"My only question is why in the Hell couldn't anyone from the long list of previous mappers and vehicle mod guys that have been through this server the last 10 years figure that out? And snarf does it in like a day... what a badass!"
I believe someone had (Binger maybe?), and made the fix in the Flame Badger, and the Badger MKII (one with the nerfed minigun). But, because they EMBEDDED the vehicles in the maps, it was very difficult to replace them all without editing the maps. So the mutator thing was genius!
And messing with the mesh (dimensional models) isn't easy... all these UT ED tools come with the feature of very little documentation...

Snarf, is there an updated .u file for fixed badgers? As I edit I could start placing fixed ones in the map the right way?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 am Snarf, is there an updated .u file for fixed badgers? As I edit I could start placing fixed ones in the map the right way?
Oops, that was an oversight. All of the fixed badgers are in the CSBadgerFix.u file so you could use that, except I forgot to add the vehicle factories. :roll: I'll make a new version with the vehicle factories included. This way they can be embedded or use the mutator.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version available CSBadgerFix_1.0.2.zip

This adds all the missing vehicle factories. This way they can be placed in maps without needing the mutator. Also included are factories for BioTank and LinkTank. If you use BioBadger and BioTank on the same map you should use the BioTank from this package.

You can't do this in the unfixed badger :)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah so the new badger still has "air" control!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

For reference, this is what happens in the unfixed badger.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:03 pm For reference, this is what happens in the unfixed badger.
Haha!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version available! Download here BadgerFix 1.0.3

Minor bug fix - this fixes the offset headlights and brakelights.