Badger Fix

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Badger Fix

Post by pooty »

So, I put a couple of test maps on the server with this Mutator enabled on them (so it won't affect anything else but these).
ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST (Badgers, but sadly realized, there's no Avrils on this map!!)
ONS-Minus-Rndo-KSink-CSBadgerFix-TEST (Minus-KitchenSink figured there's plenty of vehicles including badgers here)
ONS-MinusTMU-Kamek-CSBadgerFix-TEST (Minus Kamek + Badger Fix)
ONS-Dria-TankMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST (V6+ Badger Fix)

So this gives us four maps to test out the badger fix with a variety of vehicles. This also lets us test these maps without affecting the other maps/whole server. Eventually, I'll enable the mutator on all maps, so that all badgers get replaced with the updated fixed versions (Only thing I am not sure of is how this interacts with the Randomizers... the randomzier essentially "replaces" vehicles with Random ones, the CSBadger fix replaces broken badgers with new ones, so which one goes last and wins. Does Randomizer go first, decide its a badger and then the CSBadger fixes replaces it, or does CS BadgerFix replace it and then randomizer put the old badger back in).

Once we've tested, I'll remove the above maps, and enable the Mutator server wide.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So first issue:
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.PostNetBeginPlay:015A) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.PostNetBeginPlay:0184) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.PostNetBeginPlay:019B) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.PostNetBeginPlay:01A3) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.PostNetBeginPlay:01B5) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.PostNetBeginPlay:01BD) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.SetTeamNum:005D) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.SetTeamNum:005D) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.IsVehicleEmpty:0034) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function CSBadgerFix.Badger.FindEntryVehicle:00DB) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.IsVehicleEmpty:0034) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: IonPlasmaBadger ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.IonPlasmaBadger (Function CSBadgerFix.Badger.FindEntryVehicle:00DB) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: UAMGameRules ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.UAMGameRules (Function UAdminModV095b.UAMGameRules.PreventDeath:002F) Accessed None 'Controller'
Warning: UAMGameRules ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-CSBadgerFix-TEST.UAMGameRules (Function UAdminModV095b.UAMGameRules.PreventDeath:002F) Accessed None 'Controller'
ScriptLog: Reset Onslaught.

I seemed to have trouble with the match starting? Then it was fine. Not sure if these Warnings affect play.... I did restart the server so lets see what happens.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Good catch! Unfortunately I'm not sure how to fix that one.

Also, I found a similar issue with LinkBadger that needs fixed.

New version available! Download here CSBadgerFix_1.0.4.zip

Before the fix LinkBadger has this weird double turret thing going on. I had to set PassengerWeapons(0)=(WeaponPawnClass=None) to fix it, but that causes the warning. I had to do that for IonBadger too.

For the randomizer vs badgerfix, last mutator wins.

Sorry for the quick change, but if you have a chance you should update those maps to the new version to fix link badger.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On the server. The maps link out to the CSBadgerFix.u file, and its updated on server and redirect.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

After a couple hours of investigating and hacking I managed to get rid of those warnings in the logs. New version is here CSBadgerFix_1.0.5.zip

I'm confused why I need to change any code, oh well... My guess is link and ion derived from different base class but with same 'badger' name. When exported I only got one variety of base class? Not really sure.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Cool.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had multiple base classes. The code has been likely written, re-written by multiple people over years. I'll get that up on the server tomorrow.
Good thing is it works well on the test maps...later this week I'll enable that mutator on the server to all the badgers will get fixed.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I pushed one more fix that I noticed. Stealth Badger is still showing the shadow. I updated the 1.0.5.zip file. If you downloaded it already, please download again.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm.. didn't see a shadow yesterday. Maybe light dependent..Dria is kind of Dreary.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

The new badgers worked beautifully last night on Dria. pooty killed me while I was in one with an Avril, and I got hit at least 2 other times by Avrils while driving around in badgers. I never fell through the map either.

My only question is, where the Hell has snarf been the last 10+ years?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 am The new badgers worked beautifully last night on Dria. pooty killed me while I was in one with an Avril, and I got hit at least 2 other times by Avrils while driving around in badgers. I never fell through the map either.

My only question is, where the Hell has snarf been the last 10+ years?

I burned out on games. It happens. I was playing with 3d printers and robots and stuff.

delta bot, made with some RC car servos and an arduino
3d printer, uses magnets to hold the nozzle for easy swapping
theramin, little radio transmitter/receiver to make a theramin instrument

I still have a half built CNC router sitting in the workshop. Somewhere along building it I installed UT2004, and well, here we are :) Now I think I burnt out on hardware...