Stationary Turrets...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Stationary Turrets...

Post by pooty »

FYI. I added the twin beam turrent (1000hp, 300hp damage) to DryIce 9 at 4/6 I would expect this turret to be quite useful in keeping flyers off it. I used a mantis on previous versions there and it did a nice job against the flyers.
Terminator
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: Stationary Turrets...

Post by Terminator »

Enyo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:52 pm It's not so much that turrets are useless, I even get in them on occasion. The laser turrets on Dria at 9/6 or 8/3 are useful at keeping flyers off them. What will get you kicked is sitting in a turret at the core on MTMU while your team has half the map locked... that's useless.

Or, sitting in a turret and not going to nodes the entire round will likely also warrant a kick. Ecmerd on Gunshop comes to mind. You should be helping your team attack nodes, it's called "ONSLAUGHT", not "sit back and wait to see what happens while I sit lazily in a turret." Look up the antonyms for "onslaught," they're "retreat" and "defend."
Being in that turret on Gunshop is not always useless as you can shoot flyers that come through the vent. Not saying that he was doing that but I've seen players sit in those turrets and take down many flyers as they come through the vent.