Weapons

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
ProtoDroidBot

Re: Weapons

Post by ProtoDroidBot »

The Benelli and MP5 are from ZenCoder's weapon pack. Not sure what else we could need without bogging the server down with mods that get downloaded. :(

Quick Edit: There is a bit of an oddity with the Benelli which increases the damage of the gun; by holding down alt-fire, the gun spins and when it gets to full charge, release alt-fire and quickly press primary fire to shoot two shells out in quick succession.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:33 pm Do we know which ones we want? The Shotgun. There are some RMD specific ones, the RMD Minigun for one, which is way too OP. Not sure what mod file its in though?
Yeah, stay away from any RMD specific weapons for sure... way OP and they customized those, so we don't have permission to use them anyway. But yes, I would love to see the the Benelli Shotgun, maybe on that newly edited military style map, can't remember the name. Not sure it's the same shotgun YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is talking about though.

There's a grenade launcher in there too, called something like GLR80, has 3 different grenade types you can switch to.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I am working (slowly) on an edit of Opera House, might be a good one to add them to..it kind of has a WWII kind of feel.
Are you thinking of Spiffingrad Enyo?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:30 pm
pooty wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:33 pm Do we know which ones we want? The Shotgun. There are some RMD specific ones, the RMD Minigun for one, which is way too OP. Not sure what mod file its in though?
Yeah, stay away from any RMD specific weapons for sure... way OP and they customized those, so we don't have permission to use them anyway. But yes, I would love to see the the Benelli Shotgun, maybe on that newly edited military style map, can't remember the name. Not sure it's the same shotgun YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is talking about though.

There's a grenade launcher in there too, called something like GLR80, has 3 different grenade types you can switch to.
The Hydra is switchable too, they might be from the same origin. The Hydra has the following settings:

INC - fire bomb
TOX - toxic cloud
SMK - smoke screen (i could see this being very useful)
EMP - electric bomb thing (no actual EMP powers though)
FRG - explosion
CON - concussion, no damage but is blinding
pooty

Post by pooty »

Adding from the BugList thread:

edoChute pickup (I tried this a while back and couldn't get it right, but that would be cool). The other thing I've used when you want to ignore falling damage is Jump Boots...you'll take no damage from a fall with JumpBoots on.

SSS - Snarf Super Shield, personal inventory shield that can take a tank hit. At this point just an idea, but a good one, especially with so many high powered tanks.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:49 am Adding from the BugList thread:

edoChute pickup (I tried this a while back and couldn't get it right, but that would be cool). The other thing I've used when you want to ignore falling damage is Jump Boots...you'll take no damage from a fall with JumpBoots on.

SSS - Snarf Super Shield, personal inventory shield that can take a tank hit. At this point just an idea, but a good one, especially with so many high powered tanks.
I'm with Tater on the parachutes, I personally don't like them. You're a sitting duck while floating to the ground, I'd rather fall fast and use the shield to break my fall.

As for a super shield, please no. We already have a hard enough time getting some players to die when they get hit with direct tank shell hits. A full shield and keg will often let you survive a direct Goliath hit or even mino splash damage as it is. A SSS is just another escalation of OP vehicles.

Do you really want Tater, SK10, leon or Xexx running around with a super shield? They already don't die when they're supposed to.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I was thinking it would be a "one time" kind of thing...like a low health pally shield. Maybe it takes 300-400 pts to bring down and once its down its down.. Maybe an alternative would be a "shield nuke" that deploys a small radius hemisphere shield that takes a certain amount of damage.. thinking that'd be nice when building a node to protect the linkers for maybe a few extra seconds.

WRT to chutes, good point, sometimes they make sense, others its good to fall fast, shield and then run. I think if there's maps that need that, jumpboots work (which is why they are on Minus-pOOtylicious, so you can jump down from buildings without splatting, and also you can jump building to building).
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:45 pm Snarf.... if you want those weapons go to the server list for Assault gametype, go in the Death Warrant: Monster Evolution server and load the map called "Outpost"

There may be a large download, but the first spawn point is a platform with the shotgun, grenade launcher, and flamethrower. You don't even need to complete the mission.
Bringing this thread back. Pooty or Snarf, could you try this some day/night?

If you download the map, shouldn't you be able to rip the weapons from there? I'm interested in the:

Hydra Grenade Launcher
Vulcan Flamethrower
Crowd Pleaser Shotgun

If you load up this map, those three weapons are available at the beginning of the mission to see/try them.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Hey I think I found a link to the ut2 weapons. If this works, i promise you guys you'll think these are cool:
https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.p ... ns-Mutator

Hydra, Shotgun & Flamethrower are great weapons and would work well in ONS.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll pull them down and put them on a test map when I get a chance.

Interesting:
Deployables:
Deployables are automated tools that run autonomously and help the owner to do certain tasks. All deployables are, like other vehicles, vulnerable to EMP attacks. They are deployed by throwing their modules on the ground. They are different from UTXMP version in that vehicles can not encroach them in any way, making friendly navigation a lot easier.

Auto Turret

Description: This turret is an automated defence made to help you defend your base from enemy attacks, but can be used in offence just as well. It has the same properties as the Combat Assault Rifle, 300 health and a limited field of view. Auto Turret is unique because of its accuracy and hitscan technique.
Known bugs: None.
Kind of like a sentinel. That might change the gameplay too much with 10 turrets deployed.