captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Spanker

Post by captainsnarf »

New version available! Download here CSSpankBadger_1.0.2.zip

Changes

- Remake primary fire as instant fire weapon
- independent fire countdowns for primary and alt fire. You can fire both at the same time, can also easily blow yourself up
- bigger collision target for doing combos

Everyone says Spanker is too weak. I was hoping people would discover the combo, but even Tater says the combo is hard. If it's too hard for Tater, us mere mortals don't stand a chance. It should be doable now.

video of changes
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Nice!

Can the spanker topple a deployed kraken or does the tia/kraken have to be un-deployed? Would love to see a vid of somebody spanking Termi, LOL

Would also love to see a mino whore get spanked. I have never seen an upside-down laying on the ground mino. People say it's possible. Maybe when falling down on the canyon on Hoover Dam. The spider can spin em in the air, but never back on the ground inverted. I've tried flipping the mino with a hoverboard, but can't do it.

Is the combo still necessary, how does that work? When I worked a game shop we put secret key combos into the wrestling/fighting code. I couldn't believe people would spend time trying to figure these out. I had no patience for such things.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 am Nice!
Can the spanker topple a deployed kraken or does the tia/kraken have to be un-deployed? Would love to see a vid of somebody spanking Termi, LOL
When deployed, nothing in the game can move the kraken. Physics is turned off when deployed.

You can topple it when it's undeployed. It's pretty funny to see the big guy go flying. Hitting it on the top near the gun seems to be best. Next is on the side, try to shoot underneath. Combo is not required, just alt fire. Even though combo is not required, exploding a combo directly above it or any other vehicle is the best way to make them go flying.
Would also love to see a mino whore get spanked. I have never seen an upside-down laying on the ground mino. People say it's possible. Maybe when falling down on the canyon on Hoover Dam. The spider can spin em in the air, but never back on the ground inverted. I've tried flipping the mino with a hoverboard, but can't do it.
The game engine has this feature/flag bStayUpright. This is set to true for all the tanks, including mino. The closer you are to flipping a tank, the harder the game makes it to flip. But it can be done! It's just really hard. I've flipped almost everything in the loadout test map while play testing. Keep hammering the mino with alt fire and with luck you can flip it.
Is the combo still necessary, how does that work? When I worked a game shop we put secret key combos into the wrestling/fighting code. I couldn't believe people would spend time trying to figure these out. I had no patience for such things.
The combo is *not* necessary, but you are missing out if you aren't using it.
Alt fire does 95 damage at 500 radius, 2,000,000 momentum
Combo does 475 damage with 1250 radius, 5,000,000 momentum :)

For comparison
goliath is 300 damage at 660 radius, 125,000 momentum.
minotaur is 1000 damage at 2000 radius, 600,000 momentum

Damage per second:

Code: Select all

Goliath          =   300/2.5 = 120
Spanker alt fire =   95/0.75 = 127
Minotaur         = 335x3/3.0 = 335
Spanker w/combo  =  475/0.75 = 633
Tater

Post by Tater »

McLovin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 am
To do the combo you have to shoot alt fire then shoot it with primary fire, like the Shock combo; difficult to hit before but I think Snarf mentioned he's made it a bit easier.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Quite a bit of damage and momentum, be interesting to see how it plays out.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:10 am ...
"It's pretty funny to see the big guy go flying.
Oh hell yes. Seen it a few times with the spider gravity bombs. It is one of the funniest things you will ever see in the game.

Maybe that and seeing the tia/kraken get pushed off the edge into some lava pit.

If you are near the enemy core, you can spam the core lower levels with the gravity bombs from the spider tank. The levitation effect works on anything that is verticle to the hit. Meaning vehicles on the upper and lower levels also take the gravity effect also. It is a douchey thing to do unless it is rape-the-core-time (GTKY terminology) which we have strict rules about when that is acceptable. I don't do it much as I would like to, but I am tempted, cause it's hilarious to see. I have to restrain myself and be responsible.

So my question is: Does the gravity effect from the spanker tank work on the core vertical levels like the spider tank bombs do?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Does the gravity effect from the spanker tank work on the core vertical levels like the spider tank bombs do?
I'd expect it to.. its the physics of the object (tank) moving up and colliding. Same as the momentum smashing something against a wall/tree/building etc.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Newest Spanker On the server. (I had to update the Mega Arena to get the latest spanker on there.. its also on Dria-Randomizer)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:06 pm Quite a bit of damage and momentum, be interesting to see how it plays out.
Yeah, that was my thoughts exactly. It may be a little OP now, we'll have to see how it plays.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:12 pm
pooty wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:06 pm Quite a bit of damage and momentum, be interesting to see how it plays out.
Yeah, that was my thoughts exactly. It may be a little OP now, we'll have to see how it plays.
Funny thing is, I didn't change any of the damage values with this release. It was always that powerful. It's just easier to do now.