Dear Leon

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Dear Leon

Post by McLovin »

I don't force maps on others. It's not right in my opinion. I prefer allowing the democratic vote decide which maps are played.

Daily at 19:30 EDT I always get on the server, and if nobody is playing, I force ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23 and loiter around until another player shows up.

While myself, reshred and Ankeedo patiently watched you play ONS-Dark-Marsh-p00tylicious-V1, ONS-MoonMines-)o(-V3, and ONS-Alien2-)o(-p00tylicious-v12 for almost an hour. Ankeedo asked me to force the map, which I would not do. I was tempted to join last minute and vote but refrained from doing so.

It was Ankeedo and reshred's vote end of the round that caused MinusBadgerMeUp to load. I didn't even vote because I was too slow to join before the match end.

-0m 19s leon fu mc lovin
-0m 12s Ankeedo lol
-0m 09s reshred i did that
-0m 08s leon Disconnected
-0m 03s Ankeedo lol
0m 00s Game Start
0m 00s Ankeedo Team Change to Red Team
0m 00s McL)o(vin Team Change to Blue Team
0m 00s McL)o(vin I didn't do it

Even when there are others already on the server, I always ask and get a confirmation from each active player to force MinusBadgerMeUp in play if it's not available because it's greyed out. If I don't get an acknowledgment that it's ok from everyone, I don't force it.
leon

Re: Dear Leon

Post by leon »

Sorry, I thought you did it, because you were the only admin there.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Actually, Leon, it was me. I am Spartacus.
leon

Post by leon »

You are nothing. Kirk Douglas was Spartacus. F russians everywhere (read WIKI : "His parents were immigrants from Chavusy, Mogilev Governorate, in the Russian Empire") 😜😜😎.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Why does leon always leave prematurely between map switches?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Anonymous. wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:27 pm Why does leon always leave prematurely between map switches?
"load_hacks" :lol:
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

I don't believe this shit leon...you fucking... I don't know...
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Anonymous. wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:27 pm Why does leon always leave prematurely between map switches?
To allow his laptop to cool down.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:27 am
To allow his laptop to cool down.
That was literally Leon’s response when we asked him why he does that. :roll:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So sometimes, you will see people leave before the map actually changes. Sometimes this is just normal "Server travelling" changes. Meaning Match ends, Server tells clients, it does a disconnect/reconnect, you might see "Enyo leaves", if this happens after the vote winning but before you reconnect its just fine (its a sequential process).... but often players (leon and few others) disconnect before the vote outcome, not sure why and cooling your laptop doesn't make sense.