Shenanigans?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
infinitecat

Shenanigans?

Post by infinitecat »

I was checking stats this morning and was surprised to see that Rhamp had jumped to the upper part of the rankings overnight. I went through the games and saw that he spent three hours, between 2AM and 5AM, playing a brand-new player (804), spacecadet33. They arrived within minutes of each other.

They played three hours together and shared no texted conversation. Curiously, though, several text messages from spacecadet33 contained long strings of movement key presses (ASDW, etc). That's uncommon. Make of that what you will.

Rhamp is not a middle-of-the-night player.

Yeah, I know. It could just be a UT enthusiast teaching a noob the ropes. Could be.... something else, though.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Shenanigans?

Post by captainsnarf »

The rankings are mostly bug-ridden trash. There was a time not too long ago that Fragster played 30 seconds, scored -1 points and ended up the highest ranked player. I woudn't pay too much attention to them.

More accurate rankings are here - https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php

The Players list is OK (https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/ind ... ts=players), but that's just sorted by total score so not very accurate either. If you play enough hours you will have the highest score and be #1.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Yeah, Nuc and Vorpal were recent recipients of ranking largesse but I was more intrigued by the process Rhamp took rather than the result.
pooty

Post by pooty »

More accurate rankings are here - https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php
Helper-Bot - all time winner...against bots. lol. Not sure why his player ID changed, I had hard coded it to be excluded.

Tater is moving up, and Enyo has almost overtaken Anon.

Yikes, PaulHarrell at 12th, with dismal winpct, but high points...
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Pooty, shouldn't the players on that list be ranked by, well, ranking rather than by points-per-hour?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:55 pm The Players list is OK (https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/ind ... ts=players), but that's just sorted by total score so not very accurate either. If you play enough hours you will have the highest score and be #1.
That's just the default sorting order (overall score), not a ranking. It can be reordered by clicking on any of the column headers.
infinitecat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:09 pm I went through the games and saw that he spent three hours, between 2AM and 5AM, playing a brand-new player (804), spacecadet33. They arrived within minutes of each other.
Maybe they're coke-head buddies that got bored after the titty bar closed.
infinitecat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:46 pm Pooty, shouldn't the players on that list be ranked by, well, ranking rather than by points-per-hour?
That's not how the ranking at https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php actually goes. Look at the 2nd to last column "Ranking = NodeHourSum + WinPCT." Not sure why the list isn't ordered by that, but that's actually the ranking metric for that table, as recommended by our neighborhood physicist, Dr. Scrotey. In which case...
pooty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:28 pm Tater is moving up, and Enyo has almost overtaken Anon.
Actually, by that MUCH more accurate ranking (IMO), and excluding the prolific bot killer Helper-bot, I'm #1 and Anon is #9! :oops: :P :lol:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I’ve always wondered if someone could get away with illegal shit by doing your communication through ut2004’s voice chat. How could that even be tracked?
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:50 pm I’ve always wondered if someone could get away with illegal shit by doing your communication through ut2004’s voice chat. How could that even be tracked?
I'm asking for a friend!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »