"Elastic" mutator

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

"Elastic" mutator

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Since we're always trying to fix uneven teams, could one of you coding wizards make a mutator that helps a team that is getting dominated? Like for example if you're down to zero or one nodes, your team spawns with 199/150 health & shield? Or we activate adrenaline and you automatically get full adrenaline?

In racing games they put in that "elasticity" where if you're in the lead then everyone behind you can catch up easily, but if you're in last place then the people in front of you get slowed down to keep the game fun for the player. Maybe we can try that kind of thing?
Enyo

Re: "Elastic" mutator

Post by Enyo »

Interesting idea... that's kinda similar to how on Tyrant Randomizer, if the enemy destroys one of your primaries (or is it by building it?) the redeemer spawns at the core.

I would think it's easy to do on a map specific basis where if you lose all your nodes, then a bunch of kegs of whoopass, or shields/health packs spawn at the core. I think something like this would be appropriate only on certain maps where comebacks are historically difficult. You wouldn't want this on a map like MasterBath where comebacks can happen quickly... as it is now that map can flip on a dime.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

TAM/3SPN does this. Sometimes they call it 'TAMdicap' :lol:

Our games are dominated by vehicles. I'm not sure how much it would help. Maybe it could be done for vehicles? Like losing team gets 25% more vehicle health when they spawn.

Seems like punishment for the winning team. Will it end up like Mario Kart, where you purposefully go slow so you don't get blue shelled? :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:03 pm Our games are dominated by vehicles. I'm not sure how much it would help. Maybe it could be done for vehicles? Like losing team gets 25% more vehicle health when they spawn.
It would make a huge difference if everyone on the losing team suddenly had double damage.
captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:03 pm Seems like punishment for the winning team. Will it end up like Mario Kart, where you purposefully go slow so you don't get blue shelled? :lol:
Agreed... I'd rather just get the map over with and move on.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah I was thinking MarioKart exactly.

And yes, it could be annoying for the winning team. May also encourage them to say screw it and just spawnkill