AlenjaForest

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
FuriousRabbit

AlenjaForest

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Suggest getting rid of the rail gun flyers. For small games, they are abused and I can't see a good counter. Too much forest cover for ground AA and no opposing flyers at base.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: AlenjaForest

Post by captainsnarf »

They are pretty slow and have 200 health. A single avril kills it. It's better to fight them on foot than try to dog fight them.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

I usually don't come to Omni to be a foot solider :?

They probably work better on a populated map where there is more chaos and you can sneak up. Last night, with only 5v5, our air was completely suppressed by this vehicle. We had no chance for a comeback. I spent 100% of my time trying to kill it---given that it would take me 3 or so tries, there was always another one available. It was pointless and boring, not the fun AlenjaForest could be.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its my complaint with that vehicle regardless of its weak health.. it can one shot nearly every other flyer/manta and can do it instantly, at range and doesn't leave much of a tell where it is. In this map it can easily hide pop up, kill and retreat with all the trees/terrain. At least with other OP flyers like the Omega, its pretty obvious where its firing from, and has a build up time. Plus on this map, you don't get much help from your ground pounders as all the tree cover obscures it.

The problem with the Arbiter is you get Anon,Subzero, Nautikal in it, they can own the skies for good while.
leon

Post by leon »

Please don't change anything. It's forest it's not Miami Beach. I like this map.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

For no particular reason, I was also thinking that we should cut down the trees and dump a bunch of sand there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Were you missing Junkyard?

Would be cool to have it like AlenjaForest-Devastated and make it a burned out nuked version...
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Mostly I was just trying to push Leon's buttons. An apocalyptic version would be cool though.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:45 pm Mostly I was just trying to push Leon's buttons.
Pushing Leon's and other's buttons is half the fun. Haha!