How is this possible?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: How is this possible?

Post by pooty »

Use SqlLite instead of MySQL and you won't have any problems. It's an option when you install statsdb
Except MySQL is supported by NFO, SQLlite isn't. And the php doesn't feel as well thought out as it should be... and I fixed several of the smaller type errors in the mySQL DDL. (Why, oh why use a small int, like EVER. This isn't a 40 year computer where 2 bytes vs 4 bytes matter... and that was true 20 years ago when this game was written).

I can reset the StatsDB, but that doesn't affect any balancing as I said.

StatsDB is used for nothing except information purposes it doesn't affect anything in the game.

More importantly is the scoring glitch that happens in game...that does affect the balancer in a bad way.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:44 am ...
I fixed several of the smaller type errors in the mySQL DDL. (Why, oh why use a small int, like EVER. This isn't a 40 year computer where 2 bytes vs 4 bytes matter...
Exactly! I wrote off using type "float" forever after I got a precision error once. I now use "double" instead.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

If sqllite is not an option, I'd go through the schema and make sure every type is at least 4 bytes, then rebuild it with new schema. Is the problem really in php? I'd think it's just getting garbage from the db and blowing up because of the garbage.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'd go through the schema and make sure every type is at least 4 bytes,
I did a while back, except for the ones that were obviously small (eg. Team, 0,1,2).

Might be easier just to reset the whole thing and see. There is a php error in the log, but I spent too much time mapping today to fix bugs.