Multi dodge should be on every map

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Super Sanka

Multi dodge should be on every map

Post by Super Sanka »

We would all benefit from this being enabled on every map. Easier to get on top of enemy tanks, faster travel time bouncing off walls and it'll make the skill ceiling higher. A week of this and I guarantee everyone would be better.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Multi dodge should be on every map

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Is multi dodge the same as quad jump?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:49 pm Is multi dodge the same as quad jump?
Nope, it's only for wall dodging. You can dodge off a wall multiple times. By default you only get one wall dodge. It also reduces the delay between dodges, so you can dodge around more quickly. Normally you have to wait a second before you can dodge again.

Multidodge is on by default on SoL and Landords, and is off on HOC and UFC.

I agree our players would get better if they learned to do it, but also not sure they ever will. Most of our players don't even single wall dodge.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I say no. Those that can move well, especially those that move really well, get more of an advantage. Think Anon endless wall crawling in OldSkool. How many players on our server could do that? So you'd have the top 5 now able to move much differently than others.

I think its fine on the mostly DM style maps, and just set it there in the map, but doesn't make sense in say Minus or Dria.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:07 pm Multidodge is on by default on SoL and Landords, and is off on HOC and UFC.
Right, multidodge is largely a DM type mod and is currently found only on DM servers, and only a couple of them even have it. Doesn't belong on ONS maps whatsoever.
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:07 pm I agree our players would get better if they learned to do it, but also not sure they ever will. Most of our players don't even single wall dodge.
Half, maybe more of our players don't even dodge jump, much less wall dodge.
Super Sanka wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:37 pm A week of this and I guarantee everyone would be better.
Disagree, see comment above... all multidodge would do is exacerbate the existing skill gap.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain