Annoying Valkyries mech sound

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Annoying Valkyries mech sound

Post by McLovin »

Was spectating the ONS-Dria-Randomizer-V22 match last evening.
https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... match=7919

And I kept hearing the tune of Richard Wagner's - Ride of The Valkyries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q&t=100s

I didn't hear it from only one player while specing them. I heard it on the entire end of the map, maybe half a map away from its source. And it goes on and on, maybe 20 seconds it seemed like. I could hear it while specing other players.

I think I finally figured it out that it was coming from one of the mechs. Not sure what the mech is called by name. And I'm not sure what activates the sound. Roger was in that mech and it didn't seem to be when he fired, it just went off on its own randomly.

Can we shorten the play length? Or better yet, get rid of the sound altogether? I think it's a dandy tune. But having it play over and over for that long is annoying as F. And I'm guessing everyone within range has to hear it also.

I surprised myself while trying to identify this tune. The Ride of The Valkyries is played in lots of movies I've watched. I'm not a know-the-tune-by-name kind of person either, but I was correct when I searched for Valkyries. LOL
Enyo

Re: Annoying Valkyries mech sound

Post by Enyo »

This is all I can ever think of any time I hear Ride of the Valkyries.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's Shockatron's horn sound. I could make it shorter but nothing is going to stop players from spamming it all day. I don't think it's any longer than the mino's horn.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I don't mind it. You don't notice it when you're playing because the other sounds drown it out.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:37 pm This is all I can ever think of any time I ever hear Ride of the Valkyries.
Awe, thank you, Enyo. I knew I knew this tune. I couldn't place it. I guess I need to watch Apocalypse Now a few more times. I'm sure I've seen it like 10+ times. It was free on Netflix a few months back. Best movie of many.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:11 pm It's Shockatron's horn sound. I could make it shorter but nothing is going to stop players from spamming it all day. I don't think it's any longer than the mino's horn.
Ok, that makes sense. As soon as I called it out, Roger was being a dick and just kept honking the horn to annoy me even more. Typical Roger. LOL
pooty

Post by pooty »

Charlie don't surf!