Updated Slated World V4

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Updated Slated World V4

Post by pooty »

Ok, going to randomizer slated. However it will be a bit different given slated layout.

You'll have different random spawns, using Random Vehicle Factories.
Core Raptor Flyers (eg. Falcons, Wasps, Omega, Starbolt, Ifrit )
Core DualFlyers (e.g Wraith, Draco, Dragon, Cicada), probably avoid the OP shit like Mirage Vulture and Warhawk
Core Tank (GIIs, Ballista, Panzer, not sure about more powerful tanks like Fire Tank, Bio, maybe try it and see)
Trucks (KingHH, FireHound, HellHound, Rhino... anything with wheels, lasers, could include Mantis)

Node Flyers (No Omega, No Starbolt, No Ifrit)
Node DualFlyers (No Dragon)
Trucks (same)

However, the draw back is this won't guarantee equal vehicle loadouts. So think for same spawn point on each side, one might get Falcon, other side might get Omega, so its more random than the usual randomizers.

I could do the traditional Randomizer, but it won't give the control to always make sure you have flyers, it determines matching vehicles from Nodes (eg. Node pairs), so each team gets same vehicles at the corresponding nodes, but no way to make sure you always have a particular type of vehicle. I can manually do some stuff, like exclude certain vehicles from certain nodes, but it wouldn't be good if say at Nodes 1/2 or 3/4 you get all trucks/tanks...or even all flyers, unless we want to just make all the flyers random and use specialized lists for the ground vehicles...

Thoughts?
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

My first thought was Yeahhh(etc) is now fucked. :lol:
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

So I think I am going to do it this way.

I could make the full randomizer be random for flyers. This would mean both sides get same flyers at the paired nodes (cores, 5/6 etc.). I could used the UtimateONS Factories to make the Trucks/Tanks truly Random, but can control those so the current Truck Spawns always gives a truck, Current Tank spawns always gets a tank.

So you'd always get the same flyers per team, but your ground vehicles might be different. One team might get say KingHH vs. Regular HH or GII vs. Ballista etc.)

I think if we did Trucks as [HellHound, FireHound, KingHellHound, Crusader (shield Bender, not the crappy one with the small shield), CSGPolice Rhino]
Tanks [GII, Ballista, Panzer, Alligator, Bio Tank] I think I'd exclude the other tanks, Alligator and Bio are short range, but have anti-air turrents, The others all can shoot much farther.

And Maybe add Random Badger Factory to the Cores. [Badger, Rev Badger, Stealth Badger, Bio Badger, Fire Badger] No Ion or LInk Badger, those are too powerful.

Thoughts?