Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
FuriousRabbit

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by FuriousRabbit »

pooty wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:19 am I'd say if we want people to play more DM style, than things like SSR need to go, or else the masses aren't going to vote for it. (Same with multi-dodge). Most of our players aren't really DM players (myself included), and its the strategy/team play that makes ONS more fun.
Very level-headed.
pooty wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:56 am I am sure we could make MasterBath-SSR-Bloodbath. All weapon lockers have SSR.
WTF?? Did Snarf hack your account :lol:
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

pooty wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:19 am On a personal note: I'd nerf the rail tank too... maybe half the damage and increased momentum. Seems like should be a damage threshold for hitscan weapons...
I don't mind it and it can be a fun challenge. If you can get above it in a flyer, it is doomed. The key is if the terrain of the map lets you sneak up on it. E.g., the JY, Nevermore, and Minus maps let you do this although it may not be easy if their teammates are watching out.

I am not against sniping if it fits into the play of onslaught and there is indeed a place for the rail tank. In my opinion, the only maps where SSR works well are the fast and furious series.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

True and Rail Tank does have limited range/pitch so you can fly above it and it can't zap you with one shot.
I figure if we have over the top maps (eg. MassD) with Vehicles, why not with hand weapons. I was mostly being sarcastic, but hey the linker madness test map turned out ok.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:19 pm
I figure if we have over the top maps (eg. MassD) with Vehicles, why not with hand weapons.
Brb replacing SSR with Steorra :lol:
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:14 pm
I figure if we have over the top maps (eg. MassD) with Vehicles, why not with hand weapons.
Tyrant might be a cool map to showcase the ut2 weapons................
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:40 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Tyrant might be a cool map to showcase the ut2 weapons................
Wherever you go, you are like the bringer of small fonts. A somewhat curious superpower.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So a couple of things:

Check Hitboxes on Predator/Reaper (csapveriv.u) and CSGPolice flyers

Thoughts on SSR update, I think it'd be much nicer to have the SSR have limited ammo. Currently the SSR has infinite ammo which makes it less popular more OP on most maps. It'd be cool to have it with limited ammo (5 or 10 shots default), and then we could put it on more maps... plus it'd be nice to have it have a combo as well.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:38 pm So a couple of things:

Check Hitboxes on Predator/Reaper (csapveriv.u) and CSGPolice flyers

Thoughts on SSR update, I think it'd be much nicer to have the SSR have limited ammo. Currently the SSR has infinite ammo which makes it less popular more OP on most maps. It'd be cool to have it with limited ammo (5 or 10 shots default), and then we could put it on more maps... plus it'd be nice to have it have a combo as well.
I've told you about this before pooty... you're looking for the Ion Annihilator. It's insta-kill just like the SSR, but has limited ammo and a shock ball combo. It also had a slower fire rate than the shock rifle, and the combo ball moved slower. The RMD server used to have it on some maps, and I think it was always limited to 5 or 10 shots. It was actually a fun weapon on MasterBath, changed the speed of the map - NOT SUGGESTING CHANGING THE CURRENT MB - but maybe it could be added to the Linker Madness version as a test.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It might be in this mod? https://www.moddb.com/mods/annihilationarsenal

Another option might be that rifle on HSH and Suspense, I think it's Helios. It's the weaker version Steorra that was replaced on HSH.

I like SSR because it's built in to UTComp so it has netcode. These other weapons won't have netcode, but maybe that is a feature not bug ;) The hitscan junkies won't be able to aim as well with them.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:30 pm It might be in this mod? https://www.moddb.com/mods/annihilationarsenal

Another option might be that rifle on HSH and Suspense, I think it's Helios. It's the weaker version Steorra that was replaced on HSH.

I like SSR because it's built in to UTComp so it has netcode. These other weapons won't have netcode, but maybe that is a feature not bug ;) The hitscan junkies won't be able to aim as well with them.
I’m pretty sure that’s it because the RMD master bath had the GLR80 Grenade launcher and the Bonelli shotgun, both very fun weapons. Wouldn’t mind seeing those on some maps either.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain