Greetings!

GForce

Greetings!

Post by GForce »

Greetings Omni 2.0 and friends! I've been lingering around here lately on the ONS server as -=HighVolt@ge=- , my favorite alias from back in the day. My main name and still my steam name is )o(G-Force. I'm playing on a newer steam guid so you might not see this info if you looked me up.
Seen alot of good players on the server, very cool. Love seeing all the )o( symbols in the maps and on the vehicles. Brings back alot of memories. Altho, I was an assault player so it only brought back so many :P lol.
I would like to ask,, at some point down the road would I be allowed to wear the tag in front of my name as shown above()o(G-Force)? I understand its a new world around here, my world is long gone...

See ya around :)

G
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Greetings!

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Hey G. Thanks for joining. Unfortunately the )o( tag is for admins only, so i'm afraid that would confuse people. Someone else can chime in on this but I'm sure if you found some other way to out "omni" in there it'd be okay.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:02 pm ...
the )o( tag is for admins only
Affirmative. Old and good rule from the Carpe Omni1 days. Still enforced.

Other variants are acceptable, just not )o(.
GForce

Post by GForce »

rgr that, i understand
pooty

Post by pooty »

Welcome (back)!
Affirmative. Old and good rule from the Carpe Omni1 days. Still enforced.
This isn't true. )o( tag was for Omni clan members. [OMNI] was for people who considered OMNI their favorite server. I don't believe there was any designation for Admins. Some admins like to be sneaky. And its not a requirement to use )o( as an admin either.

As far as the )o( I think we could make the exception for original clan members, but it would cause confusion, as most would think you're an admin. Then users will complain to you about maps, hax, and such ;)
GForce

Post by GForce »

<3

I'll stick with Volt for awhile till I get rid of the rust. I'll spend some time with brother Carpe at his crib, getting back into shape. Last time I DM'd,, was back with Q and the guys. I'll play at Omni ONS also, I gotta lean these vehicles and maps... Its very strange tho, I do miss AS lol

if complaints are warranted, I can do screenshots and post for forums,, we can figure something out. Most of the time that I've been on the server there is usually an admin around.

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, if need be,, I could stay Volt here. Still would have nothing but love for everyone here

I've had this name,, this tag,, )o(G-Force is who I've been the past 20 years in anything I've ever played since ut2004.

We were Gods once, we had multiple number 1 servers for the number 1 game in the world,, it was magnificent! I am very happy that there is still a piece of that still alive and kicking here
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

GForce wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:59 pm ...
I've had this name,, this tag,, )o(G-Force is who I've been the past 20 years in anything I've ever played since ut2004.
Welcome back. I guess I had bad info on the )o( thing. I'd recommend sticking with your old known alias.