Weapons disappearing, can't pick up..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Weapons disappearing, can't pick up..

Post by pooty »

So two players (Scrotey and I think Pharizwheel) had issues with hand held weapons disappearing and couldn't fire.. Vehicles seemed to be fine.

Strange two players had same glitch. Scrotey did you get it fixed?
Super Sanka

Re: Weapons disappearing, can't pick up..

Post by Super Sanka »

This also happened to me. I had to delete the ut comp file in my system folder and it fixed itself.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I've had it a few times where the lockers don't work. I spawn with the AR and am stuck with that unless I suicide and start over. This sounds like a different issue though.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ive had weird issues also.

Running

Code: Select all

netspeed 100000
fixed it for me, not sure why. I tried that because I noticed tank turrets not showing either. I wonder if nfo is throttling us now after there meltdown.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I wonder if nfo is throttling us now after there meltdown.
Doubtful. Even at 100k per player, 3200k, 320m for full on server at full bandwidth that isn't much, they've told me they've got Gb networks...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

When you first connect to the server, a shit ton of stuff downloads to the client. You've got the map list downloading, zound list downloading, antiTCC scanlist downloading, emoticon list downloading, and I'm sure other stuff I can't think of atm.

When I had the strange issues, I had just connected to the server. The server logo did not drop down like usual, the intro sound did not play. I noticed no turrets on tanks. I left clicked and spawned anyway, but I could not pickup weapons on the weapon locker. I then ran the netspeed command, immediately the server logo dropped down, intro sound started playing, and game started working normally.

Another possibility, I wonder if server CPU is spiking? I can't check at the moment.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Bandwidthfix doesn't always work, I still always press my netspeed button every map (although the issue happens upon first join after launching the game). If weapons are still gone, then it's the intermittent packet loss issues that NFO seems to always have. Back in the day (>15y ago) I used to have PL frequently and half of your weapons missing was the norm. You'd have to reconnect to fix the inventory corruption (only for it to happen again because PL doesn't magically go away).
pooty

Post by pooty »

Can't see CPU spikes as the NFO charts are aggregates.

I've seen it do where sometimes my netspeed gets messed up... and manually have to set it.

The UTComp Scoreboard shows Packetloss as does the F6. I haven't noticed any, but I haven't had the weapon problem.