Airport Map

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Airport Map

Post by pooty »

Yes, fixed the nuke strike with Redeemer II (Big nuke) it might still be too much. If it is I'll replace with Stormcaster (since each team already has regular nuke)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Played V3 last night. I think it played well. I used the big nuke (that replaced strike painter) and it didn't seem too big.
Its a bit more vehicle heavy for small DM style map but worked well.

Most seemed to like it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I'll make a few edits... I think adding rockets to weapon lockers would be good, per snarf's suggestion.

I might reduce the spawn time on the ion.. its pretty long I think 60s right now. Probably could do 45, especially if there's rockets people on foot can take it down pretty easy, as does the webcaster and the wasp.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thanks pooty! Yeah I think rockets will help. With no avrils and no rockets, vehicles are especially powerful. I ran out of ammo shooting a lowly scorpion. If rockets seem like too much you could probably adjust ammo amounts. I think shock rifle is pretty balanced with 20 ammo, forcing players to use a variety of weapons.

I'm not sure but if there are mantas at the core, they should be removed or moved to outer nodes. It's too easy to grab a fast vehicle and head straight to their primary at map start and keep them from building it. Dirty move, but it happened to me last night and was pretty effective at throwing the round.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V4 on the server.

-Rockets (15) at each weapon locker
-Fixed the Minigun turrets, remote operated from core, 60s respawn, team only (before any team could enter any turrent and player took 1 to 1 damage while in it)
- Ion respawn time reduced from 60 to 45. (still has delay upon map restart)

The Manta spawns at 4/5, so if you're getting killed trying to build a primary your team is slow, since the other team has to build two nodes to get it.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Last night I took a scorpion from the core and drove it across the map and stopped the enemy team from even starting one of their primaries. While not as fast as a manta, I can still cross the map before those on foot can get to their own primary. Maybe make the scorpions have a slight spawn delay, even if its only 10 seconds or so.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah, I could delay those too.
I also need to remove the TransDisturber since its bugged. Apparently Xexx figured out if you drop it, and pick it back up or something there is a bug that lets you have unlimited ammo (its a one shot thing). Its too powerful for such a small map.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:30 am Yeah, I could delay those too.
I also need to remove the TransDisturber since its bugged. Apparently Xexx figured out if you drop it, and pick it back up or something there is a bug that lets you have unlimited ammo (its a one shot thing). Its too powerful for such a small map.
I could never figure that thing out. If that glitch is everywhere it should also be removed from HooverDam.
pooty

Post by pooty »

IDk I tried to duplicate it but I couldn't.

Either way on Airport V5 its removed. Scorps have a bit of delay too, but damn if you can defend yourself against a scorp.....