ONS-HomeSweetHome Randomizer

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Rhamp

Re: ONS-HomeSweetHome Randomizer

Post by Rhamp »

V5 on the google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IwLwcc ... sp=sharing

Changes:
added signs to the vents so its clear which direction goes where.
made the hospitalizer and dark levi only spawn a maximum of 1. After a bunch of testing, this averages to around 0-2 levis per round instead of 4+.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

last night we had a number of levis in our core that were standing on end, stuck. Someone kept trying to drive them off the tables and they would end up that way.

In your next edit can you make levis only spawn on the ground? You can't really get them off the tables without a lot of work and luck.

Oh, and the EMP is aids! It does not belong on any map. :D
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

And can you please change it where multiple different Levi variants don’t spawn all at once. This map is starting to become annoying. I think I’d like the old version better if it had the ceiling vents added. Or maybe just make this one a “normal” randomizer. Multiples of anything like Levis or Starbolt is just too much over the top shit going on, my FPS dropped to 40-50 and I was getting tons of lag.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes the Levi Cannon explosion is very hard on the game in terms of performance.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

The randomizer doesn't allow individual vehicle factories to have a set vehicle category, so I moved all the core vehicles that were on a table to the floor. I kept the ones at the close primary since I've seen players deploy levis on that table. I definitely agree that the levi spam needed to be toned down, though the levis sort of balance out the op mechs. In addition to reducing the chance that a bunch of them spawn, their respawn timer was significantly increased from 30s to 3 minutes. That way, they will still play a key role in locking down an area of the map, but now destroying them will be more impactful, making it so it isn't a levi spam 24/7. Even if 4 levis somehow spawn, if your team can't kill them all and make headway before their massive respawn cooldown with all the fliers, nukes, keg of whoopass, omfg gun, etc, then your team sucks ass. I never had an issue with the levi spam personally, since all it takes is taking a flier into the vent, using the teleporter in the middle to the omfg gun, and holding down lmb until the levi(s) are dead. The issue was that I'd have to do that for the whole game when they respawned so fast.

Additional changes to V5:
-increased all levi respawn timers from 30s to 3 minutes
-moved all the vehicle spawns that were on a table at the core to the floor
-increased the value of starbolts and omegas and blacklisted them from the two primary nodes so they should be much rarer now
-removed that cancer piece of shit emp mine now that I finally figured out where it was. A regular redeemer spawns in its place now
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's not so much the levi spam in game play. When you fire the main cannon of the levi, the server CPU usage jumps up like 50%. Having a bunch of levis is problematic for the server itself.
pooty

Post by pooty »

-removed that cancer piece of shit emp mine now that I finally figured out where it was. A regular redeemer spawns in its place now
lol. emp is among the most hated items. I think it'd actually be ok if you could some how destroy it, or maybe limit it to be "stuck" only on single vehicle vs. the rather large AoE since right now its mostly a node/base sabotaging tool vs. strategically deployed.

Might be a good thing to look into.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I like the idea of the emp mine, but yea, I've only seen it used to grief vehicle spawns. I was thinking what if there was a vehicle like the nova car, but instead of blowing itself up, it emits an emp burst around itself with alt fire. For anyone who has played Red Alert 3, the stringray's special ability comes to mind. This could make it interesting where you sneak up on the enemy mino and emp it. This would require a lot more skill than the emp weapon, as its a lot harder to sneak a whole vehicle around the map than just being on foot or on a trickboard. Also, you'd have to spend a whole lot more time if you still wanted to grief the enemy base since you'd have to drive all the way there without getting killed.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

V5 updated again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IwLwcc ... drive_link

I increased the respawn timer for everything across the board. The reason I made everything spawn so fast was so that I could always get a good vehicle, but this map has so many good vehicles that even with a longer respawn timer, there should still be good stuff to get in. The problems mentioned regarding the fast respawn far outweighs the benefits of always having a good vehicle. Having to swat 60 million fliers since they respawn so fast and always running into an AoE spam vehicle isn't ideal.

New respawn times:
Most fliers 15s -> 30s
Omega, UFO, and dragon 15s -> 45s
Warhawk 30s -> 90s
Big AoE stuff (classic mino & megabadger) 30s -> 90s
Mechs 30s -> 90s
Levis are at 180s
Weaker ground vehicles are at 15s. This can help make up for them being slower and generally not as effective as fliers.

Also to address people complaining about getting swatted by a shock/lighting mech, thats what the ceiling vents are for. There is a teleporter at the end of the vent in the bedroom that takes you to the table by that node. On that same table is the teleporter to the ceiling light above the flyer node. The mechs can easily be taken out with a lightning gun from the ceiling light, especially with the double damage there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On Server.
This will be good test I think to see how the spawns times affect play. I did see that you can get more than one Portal UFO, which I am not sure was intended...