pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: CSMech 1.0

Post by pooty »

There's a few errors in the log..

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'None' not found for mesh 'BotD'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'None' not found for mesh 'BotA'
Error: OLStatsAccuracyCounter ONS-Torlan-MechTest.OLStatsAccuracyCounter (Function OLStats.OLStatsAccuracyCounter.DamageDealt:0011) Accessed null class context 'DamageType'
Error: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Torlan-MechTest.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function UnrealGame.DeathMatch.Killed:0176) Accessed null class context 'DamageType'

They repeat often. Let me know if you need it.

Also, Provert and I get disconnected, couldn't see the server for about 20 seconds. The server was up, however, and other kept playing. Strange.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

CSMech_1.0.3.zip

changes
- quick fix for spamming the logs. The 'name' type in unreal engine is weird.

I'm not sure about the null damage type error. All the weapons should have proper damage types. It's gotta be the mechs though, since they were the only vehicles on the map? I'll keep looking for that one. I don't see it in my logs but I don't have the stats thing/mutator.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Some kind of conflict with https://www.dr-lex.be/software/olstats.html OLStats.. That drives the stats database here: https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/mat ... match=2411 which for that match looks ok to me...

I need to find some time today, now that my avalance of leaf clearing is done, to put the mechs on a couple of maps... Maybe DJY- Randomizer, or Dria Randomizer. I'd do minus but not sure if they fit in the core...
Also, someone suggested trying them in a low gravity map...

Some feedback I captured:
1. Need to make some kind of "jump" not sure if that's easy, if they aren't based on a class that has jump. I know I caught myself looking to jump.
2. Might be nice to be able to take a passenger (or a mini gunner -- not sure if there's a place to attach it).
3. I did see when you went to 3 on Torlan, they sometimes got caught up on the rocks and felt like they twisted sideways--ie. I was trying to go forward but the hips were pointing sideways...

Questions:
Do the LinkMechs stack? Meaning if you link another LinkMech, besides the healing do they get the increased damage?

Other ideas:
1. FlameMech - Wide area flame thrower (mostly just good close up)
2. SniperMech - Large Lightening Gun - Slow Fire Rate good from Distance.
3. SpankerMech - You know you want to do this one
4. ShieldMech - Has Shield, works like Aegis,Pali (shield and near area blast) -- maybe leave out the distance weapon for balance.

Overall I think it was pretty fun, some thought they were too powerful, but with tanks the 1600 health isn't going to last very long (eg. 1 mino shot kills a mech).
pooty

Post by pooty »

1.0.3 on the server...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:36 am 1.0.3 on the server...
Oh no... good morning! lol

CSMech_1.0.4.zip

Changes

- jump tweaks, add double jump
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:17 am Some kind of conflict with https://www.dr-lex.be/software/olstats.html OLStats.. That drives the stats database here: https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/mat ... match=2411 which for that match looks ok to me...

I need to find some time today, now that my avalance of leaf clearing is done, to put the mechs on a couple of maps... Maybe DJY- Randomizer, or Dria Randomizer. I'd do minus but not sure if they fit in the core...
Also, someone suggested trying them in a low gravity map...

Some feedback I captured:
1. Need to make some kind of "jump" not sure if that's easy, if they aren't based on a class that has jump. I know I caught myself looking to jump.
2. Might be nice to be able to take a passenger (or a mini gunner -- not sure if there's a place to attach it).
3. I did see when you went to 3 on Torlan, they sometimes got caught up on the rocks and felt like they twisted sideways--ie. I was trying to go forward but the hips were pointing sideways...

Questions:
Do the LinkMechs stack? Meaning if you link another LinkMech, besides the healing do they get the increased damage?

Other ideas:
1. FlameMech - Wide area flame thrower (mostly just good close up)
2. SniperMech - Large Lightening Gun - Slow Fire Rate good from Distance.
3. SpankerMech - You know you want to do this one
4. ShieldMech - Has Shield, works like Aegis,Pali (shield and near area blast) -- maybe leave out the distance weapon for balance.

Overall I think it was pretty fun, some thought they were too powerful, but with tanks the 1600 health isn't going to last very long (eg. 1 mino shot kills a mech).
1. I added double jump and tweak the jump a bit so they float a little more

The gunner seat... I'm not sure what to do about that one. In addition to not having anywhere to attach it to, if it was attached it's direction and rotation would change as the mech walks around and animates. It might need to have the bullets just appear from nowhere.

As far as I know, link mechs do stack, but the linkguns aren't additive like you'd think. The multiplier stacks. The number of links matters, not the power of the link, so link mech linking another link mech isn't any more powerful than a player linking link mech.

This is why you want the powerful link on the end doing the work and why it's better to link a vehicle (more poweful link) than have vehicle link you.

The hips pointed sideways thing .. that means you were not touching ground (that's the air/jump animation). I figured this would be the #1 complaint. We've all been there, flying a manta across the map to primary node only to get stuck in some random tree/geometry. These are really vehicles not players and so can get hung up on stuff pretty easy. I did what I could to make that not happen so easy but it still does, it's UT :lol:
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

Great work on the mechs. Played the map and found:

Flakbots are WAY overpowered. 1-on-1 against them with the other varieties is a nightmare, even at long range.

The Linkbot super-power is linking. It's hard for the enemy to kill another mech you're healing continuously. A Flakbot with two Linkbot linkers would be almost unstoppable.

I saw lots of mesh interference with bridges or low structures. Even the raised section in the Torlan base grabbed one mech's leg and wouldn't release. Not sure there's a solution for that. (Would Nevermore or Grit Nights be better maps?)

The 'mechs are clunky but cool. The question is relevance. What would make you want to choose a 'mech over a Mino? Plus, the limited movement of the 'mechs will really impair the movement ability of higher-skilled players.

Criticisms aside, it'd be a fun 'mech to have on the map if it had the Turtle's shield plus the link-gun alt-fired. Useful but not devastating. (Although a Turtle shield and a Mino cannon..... hmmmm.)
Provert

Post by Provert »

Definitely a fun time was had. Maybe make it the crash map? I think others have already put enough input. The flack one is crazy op. Even I was wiping the other team up with one.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Provert wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 pm Definitely a fun time was had. Maybe make it the crash map? I think others have already put enough input. The flack one is crazy op. Even I was wiping the other team up with one.
I like that idea. Torlan with Mechs and normal Omni vehicles as a crash map. Or 2fast with Mechs and Omni vehicles. That'd go quickly no matter what. I guess we never play crash maps anyway as admins force the intended map so that's a good thing.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I had a new version up but I see after just playing there are a few more fixes needed. I'm gonna re-upload it with more fixes.