Fun Project if anyone is looking ..

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Fun Project if anyone is looking ..

Post by pooty »

So I was trying to put Aliens on Aliens. Like free roaming Xeno morphs.

There' this: http://unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/alien-monster-pack/ Only works with invasion game type. However, we have free roaming monsters on Bionyx...Nali Cows. I did a quick subsitution of the mesh and it works, sort of. However, to really get the Aliens to be free roaming need to build it out with this: https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/User:Supe ... nsta_Toolz (Which is where the SmartNaliCows on Bionyx came from I think).

I tried to force the Aliens Mutator on ONS game, it wasn't pretty... it broke team balancing...the free roamers took up team spots yikes.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Fun Project if anyone is looking ..

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah these are awesome. Check out the AS-XenomorphColony or AS-Outpost on the Monster Evolution server to see them in action. On that server they'll be incredibly OP and you'll be at level zero (unless you're BlownUPS) so they'll kill you in one hit. If they end up working, it'd be interesting to find the right balance of their strength.

For other random monsters, there's one called the Titan which could be cool on some of the bizarro fictional maps like Bionyx. It's the giant one that picks up rocks and throws them at you.

If anyone wants to hit the Monster Evolution server sometime let me know and I'll play it with out. It's a team co-op assault... think Halo but with a team. It's not Monster Mash which is a poorly animated spam fest.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Oh this would be interesting. Place some of these as a team guardian near the Cores, Link Nukes, Nuke Tanks, etc. Keep the core campers and stealth badgers at bay a bit. I guess crippling others powerful vehicles and items are part of the game though. If this is something everyone wants, i will assist as much as i can.
IMA
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Has Guardian mode
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (48.53 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

ItsMeAgain wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:16 pm Oh this would be interesting. Place some of these as a team guardian near the Cores, Link Nukes, Nuke Tanks, etc. Keep the core campers and stealth badgers at bay a bit. I guess crippling others powerful vehicles and items are part of the game though. If this is something everyone wants, i will assist as much as i can.
IMA
I like the team core assist idea, that's pretty cool.

I also like the environmental hazard thing too. Make them free roaming and wanting to kill anyone. I know there's a cyberdemon available to download somewhere. Could be cool on an inferno map.

Lots of options:
http://unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/monsters-ut2004/

Many of these are on the M.E. server. The dinosarus look and behave weird, but most of the others are pretty cool. Cyberdemon is under Doom.