Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: MegaBadger

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here BadgerTaurV2Omni_2.1.zip

Changes

- Apply same 'badgerfix' to mega badger mesh, missile seeking goes to the center of mesh, exit positions are better

This version embeds the fixed mesh so the .u file will be larger.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Oh hey I noticed this

Code: Select all

class MegabadgerUseTrigger extends UseTrigger;

// A trigger that follows the megabadger around, to assist players in getting in
// because the damn engine apparently ignores UseRadius
This hack is probably not needed now that the mesh is fixed. It's not that the engine ignores UseRadius - the entry positions were below the ground. I'll try removing it in next release.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think that was fixed in the V2Beta3 version: http://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?t=394
Here's Wormbo's comments
Here's the Badger update I've been working on. Listing changes is a bit difficult. I've raised the pivot of the badger model a bit so it's inside the chassis now. That fixes quite a few problems already, for example clipped shadows, entry problems for the Megabadger (it no longer needs a separate use trigger), and weird rotation behavior.
Also I rebuilt the Hoverbadger using parts of its original code and parts of my Hovertank code. It is a bit heavier now and isn't pushed around by damage as much anymore. (That was far too much, compared to other Badgers.) One of its new features is floating - like the Hovertanks, the Hoverbadger will float on water if unoccupied and only slowly takes water damage.
The Megabadger received as big treatment as well. For example its handling works much more like that of the Minotaur. It takes more time to get up to speed or slow down. I've exchanged the two seats so the gunner controls the cannon, just like in other Badgers. It fires only one projectile (Minotaur: 3, old Megabadger: 2), but with adjusted damage amount and radius. Instead of the Minotaur-style laser turret, the driver controls a Minigun with explosive munition.
And as an interesting side note from that thread:
Basic ONSPlus support, i.e. radar dot colors other than black. Due to the way ONSPlus looks these up, they will no longer work once the Badgers are myLeveled. But who knows, maybe I'll add an entire ONSPlus vehicle plug-in at some point. That would also be a neat way to simultaneously upgrade all old Badgers, Hoverbadgers and Megabadgers in existing maps.
Sounds like CSBadgerFix to me!!
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Saw this msg while spectating last night and thought it might be a good idea.

2m 39s Provert who the fuck designs an aa weapon that can't shoot straight up???

https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... match=3673

@Provert
Provert wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:31 am ...
Maybe Provert can elaborate more.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Lots of the tank vehicles have this...you can even watch Terminator and Tater land on top of your Tank and you can't get them. It also gives flyers a chance to use good positioning to avoid fire.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Can't find the thread where this was discussed, but the small badgers fall through the map still. This is on ONS-MinusBadgerMeUp-Beta23. If you are at the enemy's left secondary and drive the badger off the embankment nose-dive down into the trench towards their left primary, you may fall through the map. I had it happen twice to me this week during the same game. Somebody else mentioned the same thing happened to them. Sometimes you float back up, other times you fall through and explode.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Reviving this thread due to McLovin pointing out the difference in MB across the maps.
Consenus is to use the MegaBadger from MinusBadgerMeUp Map as the official Omni mega.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Grr.

So in the map

TorqueCurve=(Points=((OutVal=3.000000),(OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000)))
using it as is crashes when summoning vehicle, all other parameters the same.
So I tried this:

TorqueCurve=(Points=((InVal=0.0,OutVal=3.000000),(InVal=1.0,OutVal=5.000000),(InVal=1200.000000,OutVal=12.000000),(InVal=1500.000000,OutVal=0.0000)))
Can't use a 0.0 in the second inval, it won't complie.
(And I don't really get the TorqueCurves but that's not the big issue)
Great. Drives pretty similar.

However with the Mega on the map (MinusBadgerBeta23) you can shoot the cannon to boost its speed, and it doesn't flip. The BadgerTaurV2Omni was DOES flip if you shoot the cannon with BadgerV2Omni (even the newer version I made).
I cannot find any difference in the code.. and this goes back up the class tree MegaBadger -> myBadger -> Badger. All the KParams are the same, all driving, vehicle values are the same..can't find any difference, YET they behave differently in game (on same map).

Even compared the Projectiles from the cannons, identical.

Makes no sense that one behaves differently. Its like the map based mega ignores the flip momementum from the cannon, but there's nothing in the code to make that happen.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

So McLovin says the new megabadger is more wobbly. It's probably this change
captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm New version! Download here BadgerTaurV2Omni_2.1.zip

Changes

- Apply same 'badgerfix' to mega badger mesh, missile seeking goes to the center of mesh, exit positions are better

This version embeds the fixed mesh so the .u file will be larger.
Using the new mesh changes where the center is. That also can make it more wobbly since it changes the 'center of gravity'. When I fixed the regular badger with a new mesh, it was extremely wobbly. To fix that I changed the 'KCOMOffset' from (X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=0.0) to (X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-1.0) to try and match the new mesh. Maybe Z=-1.0 isn't enough for the mega? Maybe it should be -2.0 or something? That might make it crash or cause other problems though. It takes a lot of trial and error to get it right.

here is the current karmaparams for megabadger:

Begin Object Class=KarmaParamsRBFull Name=KarmaParamsRBFull2
         KInertiaTensor(0)=1.000000
         KInertiaTensor(3)=3.000000
         KInertiaTensor(5)=3.500000
         KLinearDamping=0.050000
         KAngularDamping=0.050000
         KStartEnabled=True
         bKNonSphericalInertia=True
         bHighDetailOnly=False
         bClientOnly=False
         bKDoubleTickRate=True
         bDestroyOnWorldPenetrate=True
         bDoSafetime=True
         KFriction=0.500000
         KImpactThreshold=500.000000
         KCOMOffset=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-1.0)
     End Object
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah I did see that, I tried the
'KCOMOffset' from (X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=0.0) to (X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-1.0)
But wasn't sure what it did. I'll change the -1 to -1 * DrawScale and see how it goes.